Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally have my car running with 70mm On3 Turbo kit. My setup all new at it's the first time I've put oil in the car. It ended up taking 10 quarts of oil, 1 of which probably ran out due to return line leak on the Turbo.

My setup

Engine is 306 block
I have a oil filter relocation unit with about 4 feet of line.
70 mm Turbo with a 4 feet oil feed line
7qt. Proform Oil pan

While it seems to be running ok , no smoking or ill-regular noises from the few starts we've done. But I'm a little concerned with overfilling and 9+ quarts seems like a lot to me. So I"m wondering if anyone has a simular set up and if their car this much oil.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I know my 92 5.0 stock dipstick is way off! I just throw 5 quarts in mine and call it a day. The dipstick shows its over by about a quart.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
that is WAAAAY off...7 qt pan here..Comp BB turbo and took about an extra half a quart to stay full...I have a scavenger pump as well

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Sounds about right my 4.6 takes 7 quarts with a stock oil pan, and my oil filter relocation kit. Im sure a 7 quart pan would bump me up to 9 quarts.
7 qt pan = 7 qts..lol

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I think what he is saying tho his oil pan is a 5qt pan and the extra stuff such as relocating the oil filter and line to turbo takes 7qts so if he did a 7qt pan it would end up being 9qts....

To the OP my car is off to stock 5.0 oil pan and mine is over were they say full is too...lol..

·
Registered
753 Posts
7 qt pan = 7 qts..lol
au contraire mon frere....lol....

I think what he is saying tho his oil pan is a 5qt pan and the extra stuff such as relocating the oil filter and line to turbo takes 7qts so if he did a 7qt pan it would end up being 9qts....

To the OP my car is off to stock 5.0 oil pan and mine is over were they say full is too...lol..

Exactly, thanks for the assist.

I have a stock 5 quart pan and an oil filter relocation kit with larger filter and lines. 7 quarts puts me to about the full line on the dipstick. If I put on a larger 7 quart pan I would be around 9 quarts. Also I have noticed alum vs iron blocks the alum block setup holds more oil in the first place even with the same oil pan for some reason. May be do to the factory windage tray with a gasket above and below which effectively increases the volume of the pan as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts