Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Dynomax Ultraflo's. How quiet would a Twin Turbo car be if I added some bullet muffler to the midpipe?

I'm thinking sleeper car with a quiet exhaust.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
I have Dynomax Ultraflo's. How quiet would a Twin Turbo car be if I added some bullet muffler to the midpipe?

I'm thinking sleeper car with a quiet exhaust.
I just added dual 3" Borola mufflers Y'ed from a single 3.5 downpipe outlet. Welded it up myself out of Summit and ORiley parts.

I ran it a pass or two the other day, and everyone says it just makes a whirring wind-rushing noise. It sounds about like my 2014 Mustang stock exhaust at idle.

The data log shows no change in time to get boost (off fast idle 1 second to 15 psi and 1.2 seconds to 22 psi), and no change in boost levels or fuel use, but I would not know if the power changed without doing a before and after back to back dyno pull.

·
Registered
419 Posts
You could implement many or all of the ideas we are discussing on this site, and come out with an extremely subtle exhaust note.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree; they have that rippin' sound. When I went to an X-Pipe on the natural motor, the sound got noticeably quiet. I'm thinking that with 2 Turbo's, the sound level would be about the same.

So if I add Bullets, it should bring it down to a nice level I hope.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts