Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok..i've got it on my 88 SD car..the vacume hole at the far end of the intake..do i run anything to this or plug it? The BIG vacume line runs to it. I currently have a line going to it, but in a few pics i see, i see it pluged. HELP>

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
It really doesn't matter as long as you have the appropriate vacuum lines hooked up (fuel pressure reg, brake booster, PCV, and the one that goes to the emissions tree on the pass side).
I plugged the big one on the side and ran all mine underneath, I did it that way so it would look cleaner and not get in the way of my clutch cable. hth

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Correct. I found out it helps if use teflon tape on the threads of any plugs going into the intake...I gained 1/2" of vacuum doing this.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I did the opposite. I used the one on the side(PCV) and plugged one of the fittings on the bottom of the upper intake. If you do it this way I suggest you use some heavy duty hose or something else that can stand up to lots of heat. If you dont odds are your plugs will get soft and come off and create a vac. leak.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts