Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so i am attempting to install my blower this weekend and wanted to know what you guys did about the chip. Did you have vortech send you the chip or did you send your computer to them? Thanks.

Q

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Hey,

A few days before I did the install, I took the computer out and Fed-Ex'd it to Vortech....they had it back to me within 3 days. Usually the vortech kit comes with a Fed-Ex box and voucher for the chip so you can send it in. I believe I had to call them first to get a Return Authorization number to put on the box for my chip when I sent it to them. So... make sure you call them up.

Later,

SOHC
99 Vortech GT
02 Subaru WRX

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I'll be doing my blower this weekend too. I got the E trim what did you get? Let me know how the install is going? I hope to start Fri Night.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the S-trim with the aftercooler. I think the install will be fairly easy but i wanted to get my car running as soon as possible. I guess it will have a few days of downtime. :rolleyes:

Oh well, After it is all said and done it should be fun :D

·
Registered
911 Posts
haven't they fixed this problem yet?

me and my friend live abroad and sending things back and forward is a pain in the ass.

and do the 99's only have this wretched problem?

·
Registered
493 Posts
I had Vortech give me a blank chip, then I drove it to Steeda to get it dyno tuned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts