Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been holding out and holding out, waiting on the aftermarket to come out with something. Now, I'm going to break down and do the headswap. I need to know where to get the most complete kit at the best price. Also, how much downtime can I expect to have b/c this is my daily driver and I'll be doing th einstall myself. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Contact TheGame as far as the cheapest and best place to get heads.

As far as downtime. Just get a parts list as far as gaskets and everything and give yourself a weekend. I have done it once and today I got everything off the car in 6 hours. I would say total install time about 12 but that was with the Long Tubes Also.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I second TheGame, SD will give'em to ya PnP'd allready, and for not much more money you could upgrade to new valve springs or cams or both! anywho, give'em a shout

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I just emailed him.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Whatall is involved in the head swap on SOHC? I've done a head swap on a 350 L98 but that wasn't OHC and it had no A/C or emissions equipment :evil:. What's gotta come out and go back on? Good time for shorties? Thanks!

Lon

·
Registered
460 Posts
intake off and then power steering pumped dropped. Thats about it. A/C dont touch will be fine. Emissions just make sure to plug everything back in you wil be good. Also the front cover. That is like 19 bolts and the crank pully water pump pully altornator.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Do yourself a favor and download the ford sevice manual off of ranger1.org...... i think it's .org....it could be .net ....but I can't remember. burn the info to CDR then install to your machine from the CDR. The manual tell you every thing you need to know.

.....and then some.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts