Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
My '00 is set up for roadrace/autocross but I've taken it down the 1/4 before. I ran [email protected] with a 1.99 60-ft on street tires. It would run mid-high 11s with a drag setup and slicks but I like taking corners better. Didn't really launch it - just slipped the clutch a little out of the hole from like 1500 rpm to keep it from smokin' 'em. I've got the full Maximum Motorsports torque arm/panhard setup with 350lb/in coilovers up front and 450lb/in springs in the stock location out back. The powertain is an '03 Cobra motor with the stock pulley, T-56, and 4.10s out back.

·
Super Moderator
27,653 Posts
I used to, when I ran drag radials. They were my full-time rear tire. At the time I had stock heads and cam and bottom end, and the year I last won a regional class autocross championship I ran a 13.56 @ 101-ish on a 1.98-ish 60 foot. Suspension mods in sig, but at the time I didn't have the big brakes and 17's or the roll bar, I had stock brakes and 16's.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
My 96 Cobra with complete Griggs front end (350lb coilovers), MM phb, Griggs rear weight jacker arms and C springs with minor engine boltons has gone 8.08 @86 in the 1/8 with a 1.6 60 ft. No weight reduction other than rear seat and k-member

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tnturbo said:
My 96 Cobra with complete Griggs front end (350lb coilovers), MM phb, Griggs rear weight jacker arms and C springs with minor engine boltons has gone 8.08 @86 in the 1/8 with a 1.6 60 ft. No weight reduction other than rear seat and k-member
thats a nice 60', what gears are you running?

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I'll chime in for him.........he's probably out at the "weekly ricer meet" spot. :)

It's 4.30's with ET Streets and skinnies

·
Registered
305 Posts
I've run 11.8 @ 117 with a 1.66 60' on 275/40-17 drag radials. Launched just above idle (maybe 1500 RPM) and had to feed in the throttle carefully and go easy on the shifts.
349" stroker with ported Edelbrock Performer 1.90/1.60 heads, Performer RPM2 intake, 3.73s, bunch of other things. Springs at the time were 400 lb coilovers up front, 350 conventional rear. Now up to 500/500 with stiffer shocks and the car is about 30 lbs lighter, but haven't been back to the track.

Justin

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
I've run a best of 15.4xx at something in the upper 87s with a 2.1 60'. Oh, that's my Subaru family sedan ;) , about 200hp and 3200# with me in it. It has an aluminum flywheel and doesn't have enough guts to pull the car out of the hole - too much traction (AWD), not enough power. :) It's quick enough to win SM, though, and generally to place 2nd fastest overall (raw times) out here in Hawaii.

The Mustang will get back to the track eventually. The strip out here in Hawaii is famous for crappy traction, so I imagine the ET won't be that great but I would hope to see a trap speed of 110+. We'll see...

·
Registered
965 Posts
MFE said:
I used to, when I ran drag radials. They were my full-time rear tire.
Exactly what i do now. Nittos for open track/autoX/drag racing/street, just air pressure difference :cool: .

With my SC i've got a 1.88 60' times (12.2/117). I havent taken my car to the drag strip yet with the turbos.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
LS1KILLR said:
Whats the best time you ran? What was your 60'? Mods, etc.
sure. mine is 'open track' minded, but I ran a 12.3 @114mph on drag radials. This is a pure NA motor. My suspension is pretty tight and weight has been added via beefed up suspension upgrades. picture HERE and HERE

ps: just ran at gingerman (w/ SVTOA). Drag racing is fun, but just doesn't compare...IMHO of course :evil:

·
Super Moderator
27,653 Posts
BlackStripes2000GT said:
Exactly what i do now. Nittos for open track/autoX/drag racing/street, just air pressure difference :cool: .

With my SC i've got a 1.88 60' times (12.2/117). I havent taken my car to the drag strip yet with the turbos.
Not to hijack the thread, but one of the reasons I don't run the DR's anymore is I didn't want to change tires for open track and I didn't trust their weak sidewall on road courses. Are you running the 555R (drag radial) or the 555R II ("road course" tire)?

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
huesmann said:
Those are 1/4 mile ETs? :eeek:
Well, he just said DRAG RACE, and 1/8ths are about all we have here locally. So yea, those are 1/8th mile numbers. Surely you didn't REALLY think that was 1/4, now did yoU? :bs:

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
If I did, would I have asked the question? :p

The standard seems to be 1/4 mile, so anyone who claims a 1/8 mile set of numbers oughtta specify that.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Hell, if you asked a "visitor" to this area "what they ran", and they told you something like 10.50's.........you'd be like, "Damn!, that is SLOW! My civic went 9.80'[email protected]!" :)

All while the "visitor" was meaning 10.50..........in the 1/4. ;)

·
Registered
211 Posts
huesmann said:
If I did, would I have asked the question? :p

The standard seems to be 1/4 mile, so anyone who claims a 1/8 mile set of numbers oughtta specify that.
We just run the fun half around here.

If you can't get it done in the 1/8th, you can't get it done in the 1/4. I can't get it done in either.

·
Registered
305 Posts
sjrife1 said:
If you can't get it done in the 1/8th, you can't get it done in the 1/4. I can't get it done in either.
Well, some cars that can't get it done in the 1/8th can get it done in the 1/4. Back when my car was slightly milder (low 12s on slicks), there was an old homemade twin turbo Mopar land yacht I ran against pretty often. He'd run like a 2.0/2.1 60' to my high 1.6, and I'd usually still have a car or two on him at the 1/8. But then he'd blow by me and win by about 7 cars in the 1/4. Big power, stock rear gear, and an automatic. And quite a character driving it. After a couple years he had a homemade alky injection from a fire extinguisher, and was running mid-high 10s at over 130 MPH.

Justin

1 - 20 of 42 Posts