Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have stock 17"-8" that I want to put these tires on. Would the mt 275/40/17 radial be better or the et street 26X11.50-17LT.

I have read about people using the radial on an 8" wheel, but not anything on the et street. This will be used at the track only.

stock engine with a turbo, 4r70w and 3k stall. Stock 3.27s. Best car has gone is [email protected] with a 1.94 60' on cheap street tires.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
ive looked for same question and i decided try the radials but i cant try them till next year once i finish getting my car together

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
ET Streets> Radials

If your daily driving, go with a radial. If your a weekend warrior, and take the car out for a few drives during the week, get the ET Street (bias ply).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Tried the 275/40/17 M/T DR and my 500 rwhp fox body would not hook worth of cråp, at the track you need wrinkle in those tires, go with 15 in. draglites and the ET Streets with sidewall and you will hook so hard you'll break parts.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
the streets wobble at the end of the track don't they?
Probably not on a 17" rim. Just not enough sidewall there to flex much.

I use to have problems with 26x10 ET Drags on the stock rear turbine wheels (15") with standard 225/60 radials up front. It would move around a bit on the big end. No problems now with 28x10.5 and Moroso front skinnies.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts