Ford Mustang Forums banner

ET Drag vs ET Street R Bias ply

5K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  2 step 
#1 ·
Anyone made the switch? I’m currently running 26x10 stiff wall et drags and thinking about switching over to the et street r bias ply. Wondering how it may effect my 60ft and et. Currently have a best 60 of 1.51. I did notice that the street r is 4lbs lighter than the et drag.

#3 ·
I switched from MT 26 x 10 stiff wall to Hoosier 26 x 8.5 and picked up more than a tenth in the 1/4. The Hoosiers are 6lbs lighter ea.
Lighter is better
I know lighter is better especially when you're talking about rotating mass and even more so with the cars that are already low on power. I had some 27x10.5 hoosier quick time pros that I was running before, they were in great condition but were about 5 years old and I was only able to manage a 1.7 60ft at best. Where did you pick up? did you improve your 60? Did you pick up MPH? Also what were your 60s on the mickeys vs the Hoosiers?

#5 ·
It picked up everywhere. About .02-.03 in the 60. About 1 mph in the 1/4

on the M/T I would have 1.63-1.65
Hoosier have been 1.61-1.62

#9 ·
363hp/380tq for now. Big upgrades coming though. I’m running a 347 with little performer heads. Just ordered afr205s. I wanted the 11r heads but my pistons don’t have the right valve reliefs. Prolly still keep the systemax intake though. Order a custom cam from Ed most likely. I’m looking for a 10.50 or better in the 1/4. Hoping for 450hp and atleast 400ft/lbs.

#14 ·
Quick time pros are a DOT. Do not get caught in the rain with them or any of these tires lmfao. My 330 hp fox at the time was the terrifying on quick time pros in the rain.
I went from Mickey Thompson ET Drag 26x10 stiff-wall (part # 3053s) to Mickey Thompson ET Street Bias 26x11.5 (part # 3753). Both tires use the M5 compound. Here are Mickey Thompson's specs:

ET Drag 26x10 stiff-wall (3053s): 26.5" tall, section 11.5", tread 9.8", weight 24 lbs.
ET Street 26x11.5 Bias Ply (3753): 26.3" tall, section 12.0", tread 9.8", weight 22 lbs.

I didn't notice a significant difference between these tires at the track in terms of performance. I did like the stiff-wall ET Drag better because they seemed more stable at speed near the end of the quarter mile. As far as I know, they discontinued the 26x11.5 ET Street Bias-ply tire.

I don't know if all that helps or not but there you go. :)

Dean
This does help a little! The new street r bias ply seems to be pretty much the same tire. As far as I can tell by the specs. Im looking for a DOT tire that will perform very closely to the stiff wall mickey.

#13 ·
I went from Mickey Thompson ET Drag 26x10 stiff-wall (part # 3053s) to Mickey Thompson ET Street Bias 26x11.5 (part # 3753). Both tires use the M5 compound. Here are Mickey Thompson's specs:

ET Drag 26x10 stiff-wall (3053s): 26.5" tall, section 11.5", tread 9.8", weight 24 lbs.
ET Street 26x11.5 Bias Ply (3753): 26.3" tall, section 12.0", tread 9.8", weight 22 lbs.

I didn't notice a significant difference between these tires at the track in terms of performance. I did like the stiff-wall ET Drag better because they seemed more stable at speed near the end of the quarter mile. As far as I know, they discontinued the 26x11.5 ET Street Bias-ply tire.

I don't know if all that helps or not but there you go. :)

Dean

#19 ·
Never made it to the highway, so I can't speak on that. Others really seem to like the QTP for a good street/strip tire. Definitely a fair weather tire.
The 3053S MT 26x10 et drags stiff walls have been the best driving bias ply ive driven. Hoosier qtp 2nd. The old et streets definitely drove the worst.
That makes me feel better about not picking up a set of the old et streets that I found a deal on recently.
when you say old do you have a time frame in mind or before you got the stiff wall ones?

also, what sort of power level and et are we talking about?
I'm talking about 5 years old, no dry rot. Looked like good tires really. Still felt sticky. After watching and listening to videos of my car launch I could tell they were spinning more than I was okay with.
The ET streets were the original et street bias ply not the R bias. 26x10.5x15s & 26x11.5x17s. Softer sidewall than the qtp 26x11.5x15 & 26x9.5x16 so required more air to drive on the street (32-34psi) which made them balloon more. The qtp didn't need as much pressure (28-30) and were more stable changing lanes and swayed less. With the stiff wall et drags i only had to run 25-26 psi on the street and they drove the best and because of the lower air pressure more traction. Car went a best of 1.49 6.92 @ 99.08 10.84 @ 125.17 3270 raceweight na stick shift 7200 launch rpm
Any insight on the new Et Street Bias Ply? Seems like we both made the Stiff wall M/T our choice of tire.

#17 ·
when you say old do you have a time frame in mind or before you got the stiff wall ones?

also, what sort of power level and et are we talking about?

#20 ·
On the street I run a Mickey Sportsman Pro. Best tire I have run on the track with my stick Is Hoosier stiff wall with tubes. Most predictable and stable. Hoosier QTP with tubes comes in a 2nd place but not as predictable and stable. Stiff walls 60 footed and MPH better. The Mickey Streets I have run both times ended up being sold to other racers. Haven't run the new tire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.