Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where did you get your EPEC at. Do you recomend it. How much was it. Does it plug into the factory computer, or replace it. What is the minimum operating system requirements needed to support it. Do you get free system upgrades. Is there a website. I think that's all but I'm sure I'll have some more soon. Thanks.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I don't know of anyone that posts on this group that is using EPEC.

I could be missing someone, but I usually notice things like that.

The closest we have is a couple guys (Joe Stewart & Dave King I believ) running Felpro/FAST/Speedpro systems.

None of these systems replace your EEC-V, you have to wire them both in, unless you have a stripped-down drag only type of car.

I'll be curious to see what you come up with....

I follow most of these threads because the cost of chips/tunes, low impedence injector drivers, knock guard, wideband, etc, quickly add up to close to the cost of Speedpro. So it isn't the cost that is prohibitive really, it is the unknown/complexity/installation/tuning or something.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Havok said:
Where did you get your EPEC at. Do you recomend it. How much was it. Does it plug into the factory computer, or replace it. What is the minimum operating system requirements needed to support it. Do you get free system upgrades. Is there a website. I think that's all but I'm sure I'll have some more soon. Thanks.
www.laroccas-performance.com

The home of EPEC.

Jim V is going about the conversion right now in his 99GT. The thing is going to be a beast.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
John,
The epec replaces the stock processor. Steve

·
Registered
338 Posts
Havok said:
When I get the rear in the car I might show you the system! LOL! Told you Jimmy is close and real helpful. The system is simple and you will not regret it. Make's power!

·
Registered
299 Posts
John, I will let you know how my EPEC install goes as well...Jimmy V is currently running one in his 99GT and has been for several months now. The harnesses were custom made for us but are readily available now for 99 and up cars.. The 96-98 harnesses have been around for a while now....Both me and Jimmy V will be using 160lbs injectors with the EPEC and both using Univer Mass Air meters....Other new additions will be announced later :D

Jeff

·
Registered
32 Posts
Havok, I've been using the EPEC for several years on my '96 GT. Since no wiring harness was available at the time, I had to wire it myself. That combined with it having to be used as a "stand alone" controller where it couldn't be easily wired into the existing EEC so the EEC could control the little things like (idle speed, EGR, speed control, etc...) meant it was really not well suited for a refined street car, but more of a track car as people have pointed out already. As far as ease of use and whether I like it or not, I'd say it was probably my best mod to the car. Since the engine was constantly getting hardware changes, it made for really easy calibration changes. Just hook up a laptop and use the simple menu system.

Here is another website that has existed for a while devoted to the EPEC:

http://www.vanirtech.com/epec.htm

Check out that site's info and contact LaRocca to see if it is right for you.

For some of my thoughts back when installing it or using it:

http://www.corral.net/tech/documentary/edo97season.html

Good luck! - EDO

·
Registered
696 Posts
N0VI said:
John,
The epec replaces the stock processor. Steve
Ok... but then what controls the ABS, EGR, A/C, etc?

Or is EPEC more for race-only or stripped down vehicles and they assume you don't have that stuff?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts