Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got so much $$$$ in the car now, what's another couple of grand. I'm just tired of the crappy power steering whine.

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
I have no experience with that kit, but owning a newer Ford with an EPAS rack and having dealt with some out-of-warranty issues with it...i wouldn't want to put an EPAS in any car i own if i could avoid it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I was hoping to hear good results and that everyone loved it, on to next option. I'm looking into buying this bracket https://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/Delphi_saginaw_pump_bracket/Bronco_HD_Delphi_Steering_Pumps and go with a GM style pump.
I had read years ago about a guy doing a Saginaw pump swap, but it never seemed to become a popular mod. With a plug and play bracket the only obstacle is the pressure hose. Does the Saginaw pumps use the same size fitting as the Ford pumps?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Borgeson makes the proper an- fitting/pressure reducer for the pump and an- fittings for the rack can be had from MM or LMR.
After 3 noisy Ford pumps I made the swap a few years ago.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Borgeson makes the proper an- fitting/pressure reducer for the pump and an- fittings for the rack can be had from MM or LMR.
After 3 noisy Ford pumps I made the swap a few years ago.
I haven't looked at Borgeson, I was looking at Turn One Steering. I knew MM had the fittings, great company!! I run all their stuff for a fox under my car but the panhard bar. Thanks for info

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do the epas conversion
I wish I've heard more reviews on it and just not sure it's the way to go. Talked to MM and they said they heard mixed reviews. Don't mind spending the money, just don't want to make the wrong decision.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Was thinking this option but hell, I'm 48 years old and want easy steering.
I am 38, manual rack is not bad, but the spool is a pain. The power steering wine never bugged me.

I am ready to get rid of the flowmasters. I think I am going to put my long tube headers on build a custom H-pipe with cut outs for the track and get some Lincoln Town car mufflers for driving duty. My car doesn't have 5.0 badges, keep the tail pipe above the quarters, other than the 6 point bar it might get confused for a 4cyl? :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am 38, manual rack is not bad, but the spool is a pain. The power steering wine never bugged me.

I am ready to get rid of the flowmasters. I think I am going to put my long tube headers on build a custom H-pipe with cut outs for the track and get some Lincoln Town car mufflers for driving duty. My car doesn't have 5.0 badges, keep the tail pipe above the quarters, other than the 6 point bar it might get confused for a 4cyl? :)
I run Mac exhaust with long tube, pro chamber and their mufflers. 2k rpm and u can't hear your self think and I love it. Only drive the car 1-2K miles a year and it don't bother me. Every time I get it out people give me the thumbs up. I think the only thing louder then the exhaust is that damn power steering whine!!

·
Registered
21,761 Posts
I wish I've heard more reviews on it and just not sure it's the way to go. Talked to MM and they said they heard mixed reviews. Don't mind spending the money, just don't want to make the wrong decision.
forget the reviews, blaze your own trail

its modding, you can improve on it as you see fit

you could even add devices that will change the assist level, like new cars

sounds like a cool project,,,,,,i am def considering it

I just cadded and 3d printed a battery cover, cause IMHO the battery is unsightly

·
Registered
192 Posts
I run Mac exhaust with long tube, pro chamber and their mufflers. 2k rpm and u can't hear your self think and I love it. Only drive the car 1-2K miles a year and it don't bother me. Every time I get it out people give me the thumbs up. I think the only thing louder then the exhaust is that damn power steering whine!!
I have done two dragweeks in mine. 1500 miles in a week it's loud/old by the end of the week. Next year the start track is farther away so I am looking at 2600 miles in a week.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
forget the reviews, blaze your own trail

its modding, you can improve on it as you see fit

you could even add devices that will change the assist level, like new cars

sounds like a cool project,,,,,,i am def considering it

I just cadded and 3d printed a battery cover, cause IMHO the battery is unsightly
The kit from 50resto has the adjustable assist level knob, just not sure I want to cut my steering column down.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have done two dragweeks in mine. 1500 miles in a week it's loud/old by the end of the week. Next year the start track is farther away so I am looking at 2600 miles in a week.
Only get mine out on nice days, I've owned it for 23years (72k miles) and it hasn't see rain in 15years. Super clean car!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts