Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm headed down for some test-n-tune after I came a few inches from kissing the right wall after steering lockup during Fords at Englishtown. I have the new solid motor mounts, plugs, wires, low-profile steering shaft, Team Z LCA and Strange shocks... and now, I am hoping to be at WOT after a cable adjustment.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really want to go, but racing in 90* just sucks.
C'mon! It's hot in NJ, we build our cars to run in the heat, right? ;-)

I need to take advantage of every opportunity I get with two young children, a needy wife (thank g-d she doesn't snoop on Corral :angel: ) a house that needs work, f/t job, a 19 year old female nanny that runs around the house in boy shorts that are three sizes too small. :evil: Even still, I'd rather be at the track by myself, preferably with other Mustang guys for 5 hours... in the heat, in the cold, whatever. I miss the comradeship I used to enjoy when I was 22 with a street-driven Notch. I'd much rather be with other people who have a passion for this as I do, to help and support each other... as I do NOT know enough about my carb n/a car.

I admit, it would be more pleasurable in cooler weather, especially with the :leghump: outfit I need to sport each time I race... hoping for a 9-second slip one of these days.

Come out... if you don't race, just hang.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I feel bad for you! I have a 4 week old son and cant stand leaving the house! My wife is great, i can go racing anytime as long as the funds are there.

Im thinking of island dragway on sunday.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My last post came off the wrong way. I have a 2 year old and a 5 month old. The adjustment with two has been hard. This was my second trip to the track in '09, so that shows where my focus has been lately.

I had a good night, my third and final run netted a 10.0 at 134.5 with absolutely no burnout (linelock let go of one tire, went sideways) with a 1.47 60' time. I know with a burnout and leaving on a 4800 or 5000 t-brake, I will likely be in the 9's. Then I'll need YOUR HELP with my license runs! :). Being your in the area. I'm in Parsippany, you?

Night,
David

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Im 10 minutes from E-town. Let me know if you need me to sign off.

I started the car when i got home from work, and the intake gasket was leaking water out of the corners so i was out either way. This coming wednesday is looking real good!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts