Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I've used it for years with factory vert mounts. It works great.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I used it on my old coupe and didnt care for it at all. I saw "0" improvement on my timeslips and it would make ticking sounds with my lumpy cam. I ended up going to solid motor/tranny mounts.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
"so you can feel a big difference with it?"

Yes it makes a difference by restricting engine movement. On the street I leave some slack and at the track I add some tension.

·
Registered
540 Posts
If you still have the factory rubber mounts it will tighten things up, but you will also feel the car shake more if that is a concern. ps.torque rods are easy to make for about half that price.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Just got one with my Skinny Kid front and mid plate kit. Ill let you know when I get it installed. By the way... Skinny Kid kits are high quality stuff and complete kits down to the nuts and bolts.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I picked up the parts to make my torque link at my local hardware store and I live in a tiny little town., two 1/2 inch female rod ends and a small peice of threaded rod stock. total under $20.00. I than got some aluminum tubing and covered the all thread. turned out great and looks nicer than anything I have seen for sale and it is stronger.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I picked up the parts to make my torque link at my local hardware store and I live in a tiny little town., two 1/2 inch female rod ends and a small peice of threaded rod stock. total under $20.00. I than got some aluminum tubing and covered the all thread. turned out great and looks nicer than anything I have seen for sale and it is stronger.
Cool have any pics?

·
Registered
540 Posts
The torque arm at tractor supply is nice and the ones we make are simular. but you are limited by the one size deal, the ones we made can be made to fit any car.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Just got one with my Skinny Kid front and mid plate kit. Ill let you know when I get it installed. By the way... Skinny Kid kits are high quality stuff and complete kits down to the nuts and bolts.
So, your using a tourque link, with front and mid plates?????

·
Registered
342 Posts
Think about the physics of whats going on with a high HP/TQ motor under load... The engine twists making the engine plates very suitable. Keep in mind the engine plate is flat and works great to transfer the torsion/twist from the engine through the plate to the frame where it is mounted. Although the flat plates are great at stopping the torsion/twist they are still subject to some forward and aft movement because they are flat. With that being said the torque link stops this forward and aft movement. With a front plate, mid plate, and a torque link setup you isolate all 3 axis of movement. So it is not overkill but necessary. If you are under 500hp/tq solid motor mounts will suffice. When you get above that consider an upgrade to the system I have mentioned.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts