Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m looking at ordering a built shortblock if I can’t find a shop to use/I like once I move to San Antonio this month.

What online builders have you used that you’re happy with? I’m going to absolutely avoid MMR as there are just too many negative reviews on them.

I’ve been looking at ModMax, and I was told to look at DSS. Any others you’d recommend? Anyone have any experience with either of the ones I mentioned?

Looking to have a motor that will handle roughly 800hp but probably never see anything over 6-650. I have a Tork Tech set up with a Gen 2 2.3 Whipple.

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
Local shop can't handle it? I'd call around. You can definitely get the heads done and shipped in from wherever, MHS is good and are a few others. The shortblock itself is just a shortblock... Getting a shop that doesn't have its head up their ass about properly degreeing the cams in is probably going to be the most fun...

Or just build one yourself.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I went with mhs for my needs and have been pleased so far. I didn’t order a short block, but basically everything but the crank and block from them and shipping has been amazing.

They are also the only company that actually emailed me back when I was asking about cams and a few other things. That’s honestly why I went with them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts