Ford Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
That gave me a chuckle. Ill never understand the groups that post ignorant stuff on other peoples threads offering no help. Its kinda like the grammar nazis in the past, that have nothing better to do but troll and post sarcastic negative things. I gave up though, from what I saw on other posts he does the same thing several times, at least Im not alone.
I've helped more people over the past 40 years than you can shake a stick at....and I don't normally amuse myself unless someone else has already answered the question.

I'll just put both of you down to ignorance.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I've helped more people over the past 40 years than you can shake a stick at....and I don't normally amuse myself unless someone else has already answered the question.

I'll just put both of you down to ignorance.
Look back how that went down Mark. No one answered my question, I simply asked Ed (not you for your opinion) for his contact info to discuss a cam with him. As in asking him does he prefer PM’s, email, phone, I dont know. Right after that before he or anyone else answered you told me to go down the yellow brick road til I find the emerald city. So please tell me where along those lines anyone answered how I could best get ahold of Ed. It really was that simple, you had to take it to this for god knows what reason, bored on a keyboard I guess. Ill just put thread down to once again someone ruining it with off topic non sense instead of actually giving future people information. And then people wonder why the majority doesnt want to read through pages of non sense to get their answers and repeat threads...... its because of people like you Mark.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
You might want to look at post 14 - 15 - and 16 and then I'll accept your apology. Hint: Ed posted his contact info in 15....I commented in 16. What that makes you is wrong.

Ed answered before I said anything.

As for the rest of your nonsense. It's nonsense. I read most of the threads in this forum, though I say nothing on most of them. Maybe it's because of the Millennial snowflakes and their hurt feelings. This is a public forum. If you want a private response, use a private message the way people do when they want to ask me a question. For that matter, had there been no whining, this thread would have been 16 posts. No one is making you read it.....either. You got your answer 30 posts ago.

Fricking children......no wonder you woke morons are burning the country down. And if you don't like my crap....you're gonna just love Ed.

·
USAF retired
9,079 Posts
Fricking children......no wonder you woke morons are burning the country down. And if you don't like my crap....you're gonna just love Ed.
LOL!!! He don't give out hugs neither, if people can't get past a little wise crack on a public forum, I don't know what to tell ya. He was the one asking how to get in touch with a member here, too bad there's no way to use the interwebs to find a company and get their contact info, oh wait..... ;)

Reactions: Defectindesign

·
Registered
736 Posts
Speaking of Ed and a big horsepower engine build, he recently suggested a 438" Dart with Higgins canted valve heads making 750+ naturally aspirated. Just think how sweet that Cleveland look would be between the fenders of your '68! Add the single or twin turbos you're planning on, wouldn't require massive quantities of boost to get you where you want to be.

Jay

·
Registered
736 Posts
As for the Drama, Captain Obvious might remark, "it's been entertaining, but there were no intentions, evil and dark, so pump the brakes put 'er in park, one observation, you've been a way easy "Mark".

I ain't no spring chicken, bought stuff from you dating back 25+ years. And I sure as hell am not going to hide behind a keyboard.

Jay Hauptman,
DeKalb, IL.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

Both in the Chicagoland area
I completely forgot about fasttimes. Thanks for the reminder. I did however just decide to wait and go with fordstrokers. Fingers crossed maybe they will get ahead of schedule and I get it sooner lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Speaking of Ed and a big horsepower engine build, he recently suggested a 438" Dart with Higgins canted valve heads making 750+ naturally aspirated. Just think how sweet that Cleveland look would be between the fenders of your '68! Add the single or twin turbos you're planning on, wouldn't require massive quantities of boost to get you where you want to be.

Jay
I was originally going with a big stroker small block, however once everything got in there and I measured I would of had to move the master cylinder, and therefore the steering column. I have no joke 1/2” between the valve cover and the master cylinder because the motor in the car is actually set back more than stock. So the taller deck motors wouldnt work for me. Sucks but I had to go with the 363”. It will still make all the power I need for this car so Im not complaining!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
You might want to look at post 14 - 15 - and 16 and then I'll accept your apology. Hint: Ed posted his contact info in 15....I commented in 16. What that makes you is wrong.

Ed answered before I said anything.

As for the rest of your nonsense. It's nonsense. I read most of the threads in this forum, though I say nothing on most of them. Maybe it's because of the Millennial snowflakes and their hurt feelings. This is a public forum. If you want a private response, use a private message the way people do when they want to ask me a question. For that matter, had there been no whining, this thread would have been 16 posts. No one is making you read it.....either. You got your answer 30 posts ago.

Now you know my age and what I stand for lol. You keep getting funnier. You know all these stupid millenials and their 60’s pro touring muscle cars they hand built in their garage with no help..........

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Apparently age doesn't exclude childishness.

No, help?......look at post #1...asking for help.

Gonna spec out you own cam...or are you asking for Ed's help? No shame in it, he's been helping me for over 30 years. Your ego makes you delusional.

You were wrong......you can't abide it.....but the fact is, you're full of it.

Troll.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I was originally going with a big stroker small block, however once everything got in there and I measured I would of had to move the master cylinder, and therefore the steering column. I have no joke 1/2” between the valve cover and the master cylinder because the motor in the car is actually set back more than stock. So the taller deck motors wouldnt work for me. Sucks but I had to go with the 363”. It will still make all the power I need for this car so Im not complaining!
Does that tight valve cover to master preclude the Cleveland style head on the 8.2 deck? Faux Boss 02 would still be really sweet!

Jay

·
Registered
472 Posts
1) You want a mail order engine builder wait for Woody or ZSR.

2) You want to get a cam from Ed. Fill out this thing and EMAIL it to him. Cam Tech Form

3) Ed and Mark know lots but good luck getting that knowledge from them for free on a forum. Sometimes they feel helpful sometimes not so much

4) Woody, tmoss, and Buddy (when he is around) know lots and are almost universally helpful

5) Ed suggested a $30,000+ 438" windsor with heads that cost more than the guys likely budget for the whole engine. I am not sure he was being genuinely helpful there.

6) Treat any advice you get on the internet as worth exactly what you paid for it until you can verify it's actual worth.

7) The internet isn't your own personal oracle to cater to your whims.

8) Everybody has their own personal agenda and motivations. They may often not align with your agenda. It is foolish to think that folks should universally assist with your goals.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Well taco....if I'm going to recommend an engine, probably 9 times out of 10 I'll go with the 438 Windsor and Greg Brown's Hammerhead cylinder heads. 1,000 n/a seems like a fun way to go. You could probably do that for a mere 20K...... :D

That 1,000ci Hemi tank engine that Ford built back in the day seems like it would be fun too.

·
Registered
1990 Ford Mustang LX 351M powered!! Project Cherry Bomb!!
36 Posts
Oh idk, I've got a 90 LX with a 351M and I've got about the same kind of valve cover clearance issues you've got with the brake booster....
IMG_20200510_153325404_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200622_144554280.jpg

So yeh mines a lil snug too... You'll have to look over the dry valve train, it's not been fired in years and I do plan on disassembling it, cleaning it all up and going back with assembly lube before firing her up!! Just my $0.02 worth, Cheers!!

·
Vendor
12,150 Posts
Oh idk, I've got a 90 LX with a 351M and I've got about the same kind of valve cover clearance issues you've got with the brake booster.... View attachment 1061690 View attachment 1061691

So yeh mines a lil snug too... You'll have to look over the dry valve train, it's not been fired in years and I do plan on disassembling it, cleaning it all up and going back with assembly lube before firing her up!! Just my $0.02 worth, Cheers!!
a bone stock 351m with a c6. I dont know what you are expecting performance wise but it wont be pretty.

·
Registered
1990 Ford Mustang LX 351M powered!! Project Cherry Bomb!!
36 Posts
Lol! Hey this was the way it was when I got it!! The rest of the bones of the car are really cherry underneath it, that's why I got it.. If nothing else I've got something solid to start with. As far as the drivetrain, eh, sometimes ya just gotta work with what ya got till something better comes along. At least I've already got the right tranny if I wanna go for a big block swap!! Now that's something I've always wanted to do!!

41 - 60 of 69 Posts