Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Look on the bright side, with the car down for an extended period, I'm sure there are other issues that you'd like/need to address. Now is the perfect time to do a wire tuck, upgrade suspension, bodywork, etc. Plenty of time to tackle those slow moving projects while you wait for that new bullet to get to ya, and it costs you no more down time.
Agree 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Look on the bright side, with the car down for an extended period, I'm sure there are other issues that you'd like/need to address. Now is the perfect time to do a wire tuck, upgrade suspension, bodywork, etc. Plenty of time to tackle those slow moving projects while you wait for that new bullet to get to ya, and it costs you no more down time.
Haha, I wish that were the case man. But Ive been working on this car for almost a year and a half and its all done. Just needs a new motor.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
As beautiful as that thing is, you cant tell me theres not one more thing that you couldnt improve on? haha
The car is brand new and has the best of the best parts in it. Its built for 1500hp as it sits but needs the motor to push it. Is has all wilwood brakes, ridetech adjustables all around and 3 link rear, has a full chromoly under body, it was just wired with american autowire, the interior was just redone and customized as well as trunk completely finished. I cant think of anything except for one thing, which isnt happening for a long time and thats paint and body. I plan to do carbon fiber fenders, hood and trunk lid when I repaint it. Other than that, I literally cant think of one thing it needs right now, I truly built my dream car and spared no expense.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Thanks that was helpful, what would I have done if you didnt take the time out of your night to post such a revelation and really assist with my questions......
It's a public forum. You can read it, or you can not. Ed had already provided you with contact info, so your petty reply was less necessary than my post.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It's a public forum. You can read it, or you can not. Ed had already provided you with contact info, so your petty reply was less necessary than my post.
Im just happy you took time out of your day on this public forum to Reply on my thread with something so valuable. Ill be sure to follow the yellow brick road.

·
Vendor
12,161 Posts
If you can wait, great, if not I totally understand. You are in the 1%, because it seems everyone I build for the car is miles away from being completed. I like the stance and tire sizing

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
It was posted for Ed, not you. Try not to let your ego run your life.
Its good to see the forums havent changed in almost 20 years Ive been on them. You always have that one guy that thinks everyone cares what he has to say and just has to post sarcastic or non-sensical comments that have nothing to do with the thread. But apparently its my ego getting in the way. I ask for a engine builder you decide not only to read my thread, but also take the time to comment a sarcastic comment, instead of A. Not saying anything at all or B. Posting something useful. Maybe next time just hold your tongue, Not everyone cares to read your thoughts. My ego is no where to be found in here, but here you are still commenting and havent said one thing about an engine builder. So the real question is, why are you still in here? If you dont like sarcasm given back to you then dont be so quick to give it out. Oh and for the record it wasnt for Ed, because you were responding to me asking hows the best way to get ahold of him. Nice try though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
If you can wait, great, if not I totally understand. You are in the 1%, because it seems everyone I build for the car is miles away from being completed. I like the stance and tire sizing
I hear you, and I still may go to you, Im not wanting to sacrifice quality at this point online somewhere I dont know of. One thing I know is I have faith in your builds as I have friends with your engines, Im just impatient but its looking more like Ill just have to eat it and wait. Guess in the mean time I can start making intercooler piping and brackets up! Lol

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Its good to see the forums havent changed in almost 20 years Ive been on them. You always have that one guy that thinks everyone cares what he has to say and just has to post sarcastic or non-sensical comments that have nothing to do with the thread. But apparently its my ego getting in the way. I ask for a engine builder you decide not only to read my thread, but also take the time to comment a sarcastic comment, instead of A. Not saying anything at all or B. Posting something useful. Maybe next time just hold your tongue, Not everyone cares to read your thoughts. My ego is no where to be found in here, but here you are still commenting and havent said one thing about an engine builder. So the real question is, why are you still in here? If you dont like sarcasm given back to you then dont be so quick to give it out. Oh and for the record it wasnt for Ed, because you were responding to me asking hows the best way to get ahold of him. Nice try though.
You miss a simple fact. I'm here for my entertainment, not yours.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Where is local?
Never got an answer......

I have used Ford Stokers (one build), excellent.

I have also used Victory Engines in Cleveland (six or seven builds), also excellent. They will also run your newly built engine for you for a modest price to get it dialed in before install.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Never got an answer......

I have used Ford Stokers (one build), excellent.

I have also used Victory Engines in Cleveland (six or seven builds), also excellent. They will also run your newly built engine for you for a modest price to get it dialed in before install.
Sorry, must of missed that. Im in Eastern Iowa right on Mississippi. I consider local within driving distance in a day where I could pick up motor i could easily make it to Chicago and back in a day or St Louis even. So anywhere in that vicinity.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Hey all, Im In the market and planned to have a local shop build my motor for me but got a call today and was told I would have to wait a considerable amount of time to get the motor built. I also contacted Ford Strokers and was told Id be on a 4-6 month wait right now maybe longer. With that said, I dont want to sacrifice my need for an engine for a quality build but I would like to get it in before it gets cold here so I can drive my car a little before the end of the year.
Does anyone have reputable companies they would recommend for a 363 Dart based motor? Im needing a shortblock with a custom cam and thats basically it. Let me know if anyone has a shop that might be a little less wait but still does quality work. Thanks!
L & R Engine has done all of my motors (that have lasted). Derek stands behind his work and has never once bullshitted or ducked me. He's also done many of the engines for Overhaulin' as well as most of the American Iron field on the west coast.

They build engines...not websites. So don't mind the lack of flare on the link.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
This forum can be considered to be a tool to help with a project, just think of Mark as the same, a tool, but most likely not much help.

Jay
That gave me a chuckle. Ill never understand the groups that post ignorant stuff on other peoples threads offering no help. Its kinda like the grammar nazis in the past, that have nothing better to do but troll and post sarcastic negative things. I gave up though, from what I saw on other posts he does the same thing several times, at least Im not alone.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts