Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 2537 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess this is general tech. i started to clean up the engine bay. hid all the wires i could and sanded/primed/painted the bay gloss black. let me know what you guys think!!

[/IMG]

·
Registered
213 Posts
Building myself a 331 and will hopefully have at the engine bay with some stock paint, and possibily a kmember otherwise i will paint the stock kmember. How long did this take stangmaster? what was the hardest part? I am pretty much going to be winging my entire project my engine help is a chevy guy so he's not much help(no offense just diff. sys.) I read and buy more than I build is that the way it should be? Looks good later StangMaster.

·
Super Moderator
27,649 Posts
Looks good...now either armor-all or remove that distributor cover

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
why would i want to remove the rad hose?. MFE im gona armor all that thing tommorow when i get some. It didnt take to long really, most of the wiring is long enough. i had to extend wires to the starter solonoid and to the MAF. while i was in the fenders i allso took out 12 pounds so that is a plus. I got rid of a bunch of spare wires all the air bag equipment the smog junk. the 2 vacuum balls in the passenger side, and all the tab +tad junk over there. i moved the egr vacuum solonoid inside the fender as well. the wire hiding took 6 hours. the washing and painting took another 7. all in all not bad. i ordered a bunch of polished stainless like the firewall panel, rad cover and core suport, power steering bracket cover and new polished alternator and tensioner. when i get that stuff i'll get more pics up.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
braided stainless is ugly now?......damn i better go tell all the race cars to get rid of it then. I guess thats your opinion but braided SS is very timeless in my opinion and can work well with most cars.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well slo what do you think would look better. stock? or the chrome hard pipe kit with the silicone ends? im just wondering since my SS is SO ugly

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Thewhite88pony said:
It really does stand out alot, the radiator hose. Maybe something else would look better but its your car, so **** em lol
I agree w/ both statements. I'm not fond of it, but if you are, go with it :) .

·
Super Moderator
27,649 Posts
Part of the problem with that stainless "hose", actually the aftermarket version that's just a sleeve that goes over the regular hose, is they look their best for about 4 days, then it's downhill into dingy dull frayedness.

I like the stock one ;)

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I like stock or the chrome hardpipes. For that matter, actual braided AN lines look awesome too. I agree with the gang about the fake braided stuff.... it's hard on the ol' eyeballs.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well its what i got for now. I didnt do a hack job putting it on tehre so it doesnt look like hell. the car gets driven about 1000 miles a year so im not worried about it fading out. when the lower hose go's south then im gona get a hard pipe kit for it anyway. i figured that the SS would look better than a beat up factory hose.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
dude i'm not trying to be a dick, i said that it looks good. i just don't like that hose. it looks like something from the chevy engine dress up kits that they sell at autozone. like it was stated above, there are so many other options for hoses that it shouldn't be hard to find something better. if you like it keep it, i was just saying that i don't.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Stangmaster, do you think you could stand back a little further next time you take those pics? Maybe outer space? :) Just kidding man. But I am serious when I say that I cannot see any detail to your work.

Here is mine before the 5-lug conversion...

·
Registered
911 Posts
stangmaster said:
well slo what do you think would look better. stock? or the chrome hard pipe kit with the silicone ends? im just wondering since my SS is SO ugly
I have to agree that the SS is ugly. I would put the chrome hard pipe with silicone ends but thats just my opinion. :)

1 - 20 of 2537 Posts