Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How will placing a turbo on stock motor 5.0 affect emmisions? If car passes now will it pass after the turbo install with supporting parts...?

·
Registered
864 Posts
If you keep the cats and your state doesn't do a visual check it won't make a difference. I run a rear mount turbo on my 07 f150 and it passes with flying colors. No visual here and I still have stock cats

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They do a visual check but I honestly dont think these guys really know what they are looking at. I think they are just looking to see if there are cats there. Basically stick a mirror under the car.

·
4,309 Posts
I assume you are talking a Fox body. They might be also looking for the smog pipe lines that feed in around the cats. I have had them check for the EGR and smog pump before. It all boils down to the inspector and how much they care and how much they know. I got failed once for lack of an EGR even though it passed the sniffer with flying colors.

Sent from my iPad Nano

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its not an overly big deal. If it fails then I will just register it in another county at a family members house.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts