Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok let me start off as im just asking a question so no bashing,name calling, or anything along those lines. My new 347 has a danny bee belt drive so I must run an electric pump of some sort. the engine and motor plate came with an fittings for a remote pump but honestly I don't like the look of braided lines going all over the front of the engine area. I was looking at mezier and csr electric pumps that use stock style hoses then I came across at a local swap meet an assault brand pump. Ok im aware you get what you pay for, name means quality and so on. But I have to ask has anyone used one of these assault racing water pumps. It appears a copy of csr but im sure not as good. Im wanting a mezier but ive about spent my budget up for now.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Would probably be fine until you can upgrade. I personally would not take long road trips with it until I upgraded to a more proven model.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would probably be fine until you can upgrade. I personally would not take long road trips with it until I upgraded to a more proven model.
Thank You, and as far as long trips, this cars a pretty much only used at track bracket/index car so its not driven on street

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ive had issues with 2 "chinese" electric water pumps recently. I know its not the excact same brand, but probably close to the pump you are looking at. I am running a motor plate, and "downgraded" back to a stock water pump with a Moroso external electric pump drive setup. The car sees zero street time, but the setup works very well. I have to keep the fans off to even get the temp to come up in a fairly quick amount of time. Might not be the prettiest, but im very happy with the setup, and way cheaper then the name brand type pumps

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
A buddy of mine bought one of the ebay assault brand pumps for a small block chevy project he has and it was surprisingly nice for the money he paid for it. It's held up really well so far, but it's not a street car, it's a track only deal.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A buddy of mine bought one of the ebay assault brand pumps for a small block chevy project he has and it was surprisingly nice for the money he paid for it. It's held up really well so far, but it's not a street car, it's a track only deal.
This cars a 14:1 solid roller race car. Its not driven on street

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
i have a mezier and that is a nice pump. i think it was like 450.00 and that about killed me to buy a water pump for that price. i had to play with water neck restrictors to get the temp right
I use a Derale fan controller to drive my Mezier pump. Works like a charm. Car goes to 160-170 and stays there with no T-stat.

I run a resistor on the AC override control line of the Derale controller. This is so the pump circulates slowly at all times, so the warm up is even and the engine does not hot-spot.

My Derale temp sensor is in my intake manifold port by the water outlet.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I use a Derale fan controller to drive my Mezier pump. Works like a charm. Car goes to 160-170 and stays there with no T-stat.

I run a resistor on the AC override control line of the Derale controller. This is so the pump circulates slowly at all times, so the warm up is even and the engine does not hot-spot.

My Derale temp sensor is in my intake manifold port by the water outlet.
Any wiring schematics and resistor ohms ? Thanks in advance

1 - 12 of 12 Posts