Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my Contour fan almost finished. Is there a way to check to see if my coolant overflow wiring is a good 12v non-constant source? I thonk checking it with a meter with the key "on" should work? I'm not sure that the starter solenoid will be a good choice. I read someplace that if the car gets warm, that starter solenoid 12v source can be flakey. If someone has another recommendation for this power, let me know. I don't have A.C. or heat in this car and don't know what other 12v source would work. Thanks.

·
Registered
23,245 Posts
why not add a circuit straight to the fuse box

that way if you mess up, you dont blow another shared circuit in the process.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So run a wire straight through the firewall to the fuse block? Maybe add a jumper fuse to the radio 15A #11 fuse port?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
no what the hell

ADD A CIRCUIT to an unused position in the fuse box.

Its always best to run dual relays in parallel for a fan and wire the positive direct from the fuse panel to the relay. The trigger should always be grounds only and have either a dedicated thermostat sensor or the ecu turn it on.

·
Registered
290 Posts
no what the hell

ADD A CIRCUIT to an unused position in the fuse box.

Its always best to run dual relays in parallel for a fan and wire the positive direct from the fuse panel to the relay. The trigger should always be grounds only and have either a dedicated thermostat sensor or the ecu turn it on.
How would a thermostat sensor switch work in the thermostat housing / neck?

·
Registered
23,245 Posts
its like a little person turning on a light

1 - 6 of 6 Posts