Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would I benfit from this? Using a Elec Pyrometer Gauge on my Turbo Build? I know its sounds kind of Crazy but I need to Fill one more guage hole....Got all the other stuff

heres what I have:

Oil/water in the A/C vent

Florida 5.0 Cluster: TACH, Speed, Fuel Level, Alt Charge, Wide Band, Boost,

Out side: Cowl With two moulded guages in it...Got Fuel/ Was thinking Pyrometer Gauge

·
Registered
297 Posts
it depends on where you put the EGT. You need to put it 10-12in after the turbo. The only thing with EGT is it doesn't react fast enough. Your wide band is much faster and will be 10x more accurate.
Maybe a oil temp guage. Or if auto, a tranny temp guage.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
is it a Honda?
how many gauges do you need?
they have one that will read vacuum too....
too many gauges is too many distractions...along with text messaging ...

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is it a Honda?
how many gauges do you need?
they have one that will read vacuum too....
too many gauges is too many distractions...along with text messaging ...
all I have is the normal...guages....

Just wanted to know if the pyrometer would be helpfull.....

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
may be helpful for tuning, comparable to having a wide band O2 sensor....Having every gauge autometer makes though is kinda pointless since if you're driving you should really be focusing on the road in front of you. Once under boost it'll be coming at you that much faster.

·
Registered
120 Posts
IMO no more than 4 for a boosted application. Boost, wide band, fuel pressure, egt. A warning light for low oil pressure would be ok. You're really not going to be looking at them much anyways. While you're racing maybe the boost and wide band gauges, but that's pretty much it. When I'm out tuning I'll keep an eye on the egt because I log boost and a/f ratio in the aem so I don't have to stare at those gauges. Even with a wide band, a fuel pressure gauge isn't even that necessary because if you start to loose fuel pressure, you'll see your afr's climb.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts