Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have new MM/Bilstein coilovers up front. 10"/300lb springs. In the rear I have new Bilstein shocks and Eibach drag springs. When I drive, car handlingis great. If I hit a mild to large dip in the road though, I feel a "thud" like Im bottoming out. Are the Eibach really soft? Im thinking maybe since they are "drag" type springs, they allow the car to squat easily on launch at the strip? I think I need a stiffer rear spring set.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a similar issue with stock springs but with strange 10 way rear shocks, this is my second set that both have had the clunk or thud driving down the road. My KYB gas a just oem replacement rear shocks do not do this at all. I only have the strange for drag racing purposes and would love to find a rear shock that doesn't clunk / thud and is still adjustable!

do you have another rear shock to try?

·
Registered
581 Posts
What's the vehicle?
SN95 shocks on 79-93?

If Bilstein SN95 shocks were installed on a 79-93 were the factory bump stops removed as required?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I spoke with Maximum Motorsports. They said it's common with drag springs. I ordered a pair of H&R springs and a pinion snubber. These should solve my problem I think.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Car is a 93 Coupe. Bilstein shocks in the back and Bilstein/Maximum Motorsports 10"/300lb coilovers up front.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Are they SN95 shocks with the integrated bump stops?
Do to the increased bump travel of the SN95 shocks the factory bump stops need to be removed.If this was already done then yes the springs may be to soft.

Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts