Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious as to what you are using when doing the lsx conversion. I'm still tossing around the idea of converting. I'm eventually wanting to go turbo as well but that will be down the road a ways. Would you use the 5.3 or 6.0 as a platform? Btw, this will be a street car and see limited track duty. Going in my 86 Capri.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
899 Posts
We can argue the efi vs carbed thing forever. Each has good and bad sides.

Same with the 5.3 vs 6.0. 5.3s are plentiful and strong enough even stock. Lots more head choices with the 6.0, but be prepared to pay a little more for the 6.0 than you would for a 5.3. Add on the LQ9 tax, and prepare to pay even more if you're wanting an aluminum block. Deals can be found with patience and constant searching on any of those.

Don't let anyone scare you with costs. Fox LS swap parts really aren't that expensive. The engine and tranny can be set in the car for well under $500, and with exhaust for less than $750 total. Assuming you found a complete (with accesories, harness and computer) engine, you're down to a driveshaft and fuel system to worry about.

I started out wanting to go carb, but as of right now, it looks like I'll be putting the stock LS1 from my SS into a 93 Fox body and putting together an L76 (aluminum 6.0 from a G8) with L92 heads and an LS3 intake for my SS. I think the AJE kmember for the Fox was around 330 shipped and the motor mounts were 55? It comes set up to run coil overs but it's another 60~ if you wanna run a stock suspension up front. Other than the driveshaft and fuel system, there isn't a lot of swap-only parts I've used. Everything I've bought I would have done to a Mustang anyway.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I love the efi for daily driving, get over 20 mpgs and run single digits with dual stage nitrous.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I love the efi for daily driving, get over 20 mpgs and run single digits with dual stage nitrous.

I love the carb for daily driving, and run 9;[email protected] on motor with a front mount distributer .......and its a dailey driver on pump gas........don`t need nitrous....

This one i sold a couple years ago and i`m biulding another one the same way...

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
^^^ I dont see a/c lol, nice setup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts