Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
331, Vic JR heads, 244/.608 cam, Victor 5.0 intake, S483 with 1.1 T6 exhaust housing...92 mm exhaust turbine...trying to get a ballpark idea where this thing is going to make boost so I can order my converter from PTC. TH400 tranny with 3.27 gears.

Please chime in if you have a similar combo or know someone that does. Thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Let the converter people tell you what you need..... If you are on Yellow Bullet or FB look up Dusty Bradford... He will spec you a 9.5" PTC and get it right!

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure who this Dusty individual is, but I did contact PTC for my converter. I gave them all the specifications for my vehicle...I'm sure they will be very close, if not spot on! I'm excited to see my car go 8s on 275 drag radials this year! I may still need an AMS boost controller possibly, but I'm hoping I can launch at about 10 psi on the brake and hold traction once higher boost hits.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I'm not sure who this Dusty individual is, but I did contact PTC for my converter. I gave them all the specifications for my vehicle...I'm sure they will be very close, if not spot on! I'm excited to see my car go 8s on 275 drag radials this year! I may still need an AMS boost controller possibly, but I'm hoping I can launch at about 10 psi on the brake and hold traction once higher boost hits.
I sure it will work great...let us know how you make out..

On a side note, I'm curious what the specked for you. Mine is a 9.5" converter, 15/35 stater...

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sure it will work great...let us know how you make out..

On a side note, I'm curious what the specked for you. Mine is a 9.5" converter, 15/35 stater...
They didn't say, but I will ask when they contact me at the time the converter is ready for shipment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts