Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got up with Andre at edge to build me a custom converter for my turbo 4.3l. Have a revmax nitrous converter in it currently but it's slipping far too much. Was wondering if anyone here runs his converter behind their turbo mustang? I'm only looking to run 6.80's with this combo and might crank it up to 500rwhp.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No body? Guess I'll post back with my results in about a month:)

·
Registered
951 Posts
I have one on my s/c 306. I made 422 with conv locked. Stall is about 2800-3000rpm. Was supposed to be 32-3400 when I got it. I am going to send it back in the fall to bump the stall up to 3800 or so. Andre built and shipped it pretty quick.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have one on my s/c 306. I made 422 with conv locked. Stall is about 2800-3000rpm. Was supposed to be 32-3400 when I got it. I am going to send it back in the fall to bump the stall up to 3800 or so. Andre built and shipped it pretty quick.

Is that good power for your combo? Any track times with his converter?

Think mine is going to be around 3600rpm. Made 445/504 with a inefficient revmax converter so I'm hoping it should be more with a better converter.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I got one and love it so far on the street. I have 7 runs and only one full pass at the track so far and could not get the car to 60ft at all the best 60 I had was off the foot break and was only a 1.78. anything over 2500 on the foot break would melt the rear tires leaving but the track was slick. it is a 4000 stall and it will do that easy maybe even a bit to easy.
I will say the converter is hitting the tires harder then the old TCI I had but I cant tell how much it helped yet. I may go to the track this weekend for a race day to see if it will hook. if it is not 100 outside. Then I can get some logs to check for slip also.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I've got one also and love it. 3000 stall going through a AOD with the 4R70W gear set.

No track times, but turbo is being installed.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got one and love it so far on the street. I have 7 runs and only one full pass at the track so far and could not get the car to 60ft at all the best 60 I had was off the foot break and was only a 1.78. anything over 2500 on the foot break would melt the rear tires leaving but the track was slick. it is a 4000 stall and it will do that easy maybe even a bit to easy.
I will say the converter is hitting the tires harder then the old TCI I had but I cant tell how much it helped yet. I may go to the track this weekend for a race day to see if it will hook. if it is not 100 outside. Then I can get some logs to check for slip also.
What did the car do on the clean pass?

·
Registered
951 Posts
My car went 11.90 @116mph. That was with a powerdyne s/c and 6lbs and no tune. Now I'm running 11lbs and tuned. So hope I can get to the track soon and see how it runs with vortech.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My car went 11.90 @116mph. That was with a powerdyne s/c and 6lbs and no tune. Now I'm running 11lbs and tuned. So hope I can get to the track soon and see how it runs with vortech.

Those are good times for only 6psi. It sounds like the car should run into the 10's with the vortech. If you think about it post your track results here after you get some runs in.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Those are good times for only 6psi. It sounds like the car should run into the 10's with the vortech. If you think about it post your track results here after you get some runs in.
Will do its gonna be a few weeks at least. The next few weekends are busy. We tend to goto the track more in the fall. Not sure on 10's math says 11:30's car weight is 3325 with me in it. I will get. Maybe 50lbs out if it before next track day.

·
Registered
433 Posts
What did the car do on the clean pass?
11.49 124mph with a 1.98 60ft 10psi. leaving at 2500 rpm off the foot break. with low timing in it.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Well the converter gave me my best 60ft with the turbo so far I had a 1.58 with the same tune as last time I went and it ran a 10.87 (It finally hooked) turned it up to 12 psi and no timing and it went 10.55 so I would say the converter is working pretty good I will check the slip when I get time but I do think it is gone to be a bit high.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Checked slip on the converter and it is high one calculator said 19% and another said 13.75% so both are a bit high. I talked with Andre he said keep testing with it and start rolling the boost to it to see where I want it set up at and he would restall it for me. No problems he said. I am totally happy with it so far and his service.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Very Nice!
Took mine to the strip last night and it did real good. The car would not 60' for crap with 1.8's but this is probably due to it being pig rich at launch running 8.5-9.0:1:eek: af was much better in higher maf counts at 11.5:1. 14.5-15psi the car went 1.77, 7.23, 98.5mph with 16* of timing. I think once the af are tweaked a bit and I add my 2 step the car will pick up quite a bit. da was 3500 as well. I think the car will go 6.80's with some tweaks, better 60', and better air.

Also pretty happy with my converter. Was able to get 2800rpm stall on the launch which is plenty to spool my little turbo once the af is corrected.

·
Registered
433 Posts
yeah I would say it was rich LOL I dont think the times you want are out of the question at all. Keep tuning it will come around.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Well car ended up going 11.09 at 122mph. Only got three runs in and I kicked the accessory belt off and fan chewed it up. First run was 11.28 was shifting way to high pulled shift points down to 6200 then went the 11.09 third run lowered 200 more rpm and belt came off and 60 ft was almost a tenth off went 11.27. I was super happy I was thinking 11.30-11.50. This was with a da of 2000ft in 85 deg heat. Later that night da was 1100ft. It would have went 10.99 in better air. Next outing shooting for 10's

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
You are so close man. I think fall air will get you that 10sec slip for sure. What were the 60's?

I took mine back on the 23rd with an updated tune file and the car did gain mph to 101 in the 1/8th. I had issues launching the car and the best 60' with this converter so far has been 1.75. Another issue I'm having is with throttle. I'm not sticking it full wot and what I do stick I'm not holding it there. This is a screen shot of the datalog. yellow tps vs blue rpm. Full wot is 950 counts and I'm only sticking it to 918 and falling off to 600's. This is causing the car to shift early and low boost. I plan to install my n2mb 2-step this weekend and take the car back on the 6th. Hope to get that 6sec slip.

[/IMG]

This pass was 7.25 @ 99mph with 1.75 60'

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bump for updates...

1.71, 7.11, 102.3 mph here. Found a pretty big exhaust leak on my hotside right under the turbo. Was taking in ex gas into the turbo and caused issues spooling on the line.

·
Registered
951 Posts
You are so close man. I think fall air will get you that 10sec slip for sure. What were the 60's?

I took mine back on the 23rd with an updated tune file and the car did gain mph to 101 in the 1/8th. I had issues launching the car and the best 60' with this converter so far has been 1.75. Another issue I'm having is with throttle. I'm not sticking it full wot and what I do stick I'm not holding it there. This is a screen shot of the datalog. yellow tps vs blue rpm. Full wot is 950 counts and I'm only sticking it to 918 and falling off to 600's. This is causing the car to shift early and low boost. I plan to install my n2mb 2-step this weekend and take the car back on the 6th. Hope to get that 6sec slip.

[/IMG]

This pass was 7.25 @ 99mph with 1.75 60'
Well the first outing best 60ft was the 1.56 on the 11.09 run.

I went again this weekend ran another 11.09 right off trailer but mph was 119mph that run with a 1.59 60ft. Mph picked up on all other runs ran 122.9mph but 60ft never improved the track went away worst 60ft was 1.71 spinning bad. I'm going to put some adjustable struts on front for one last outing this year.

I ran a 7.06 at 98mph in the eighth. Car feels good till 1/8mile then just feels flat on the second half.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts