Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Holley HP or dominator. Just be careful with the USB port.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
The Pro-M is pretty spectacular, check out the videos explaining it and the reviews in the Pro-M section of this forum. One fella has had 8 different combos with very little tuning

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
I did a lot of research on this recently for my project and initially was intrigued by the Holley system. However, then I stumbled upon the Pro-M system and started reading and watching all of the videos out there.
Ultimatley I was sold and purchased a new unit last week. The big difference for me was how Chris explained SD vs. Mass air based systems and "self tuning" that everyone has. I figured I could try and learn a Holley system, but was concerned about damaging my motor in the process. I will say one common thread I found when researching these was make sure your overall car is healthy. That means good solid grounds, no vacuum leaks, right sized fuel system, OEM ignition system and an overall healthy motor. If you have all that accounted for you should be good to go.

Keep in mind I bought the Pro-M system despite the fact that I own a brand new BS3 I purchased years ago. However, I was not feeling comfortable with learning/tuning or find a tuner for my BS3.

P.S. if you want a BS3 I will cut you a deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts