Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Welcome to the board. A lot of people have had good luck with the eBay coolers but most use them in lower boost combos. If you're looking at running 20 plus on a good motor get a good cooler. If not save your dough and hammer down.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i have a ebay one now,but its leaking water when it starts making boost. I bought it used so didnt know much about it. I'm afraid if i get another one it might do the same and cost me a motor. Another question if a cooler is rated at say a 1000 hp is that all that can be made or can it go over a little.

·
Registered
691 Posts
yeah i have a ebay one now,but its leaking water when it starts making boost. I bought it used so didnt know much about it. I'm afraid if i get another one it might do the same and cost me a motor. Another question if a cooler is rated at say a 1000 hp is that all that can be made or can it go over a little.
haha let me guess, a CX POS special. I had one of them, they are notorious for not welding the cores properly. Mine leaked just like yours is. I sold it to a guy who cut it open and set it up properly. Last I heard he was in the 9s with a 4valve turbo set up and he reported the cooler actually worked well. It was the CX 1500hp unit. I remeber it weighed a frekin ton compared to my Chiselled unit that I bought. Paid a lot for it, but its a great piece and no issues at all and easily half the weight of the CX.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That would be the one. I havent got it out of the car yet to see if I can tell where its coming from but scared to try and fix.

·
Registered
461 Posts
running cx racing bar and plate mustang kit...no problembs what so ever.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Running a cx cooler for 4 or 5 yrs now no problems 10-15 psi

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
runing 3" on3 for 3 years with no problem at 20 psi . Now going with on3 4" race intercooler for even more psi ;)

·
Registered
736 Posts
im assuming your talking water to air?

Ive had my CX air to air 3 years now 15psi...zero probs

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
I have wanted to get a nicer one for awhile, but I also run an Ebay A/A. I will do a A/W before I buy a better A/A

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have wanted to get a nicer one for awhile, but I also run an Ebay A/A. I will do a A/W before I buy a better A/A
I'm seriously considering a frozenboost a/w for my setup. For the HUGE difference in money i'm willing to take a chance.

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
I have looked at those also, if you do please let me know how it goes. Thats the main reason I have not swapped....mine has worked, and to do the setup I want it would be a couple g's. (Super Vic also, elbow into firewall...etc...)

I look at the Chisled/Precision stuff and drool!

I only want low 9's, so I cant justify that $$ at this point.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I have looked at those also, if you do please let me know how it goes. Thats the main reason I have not swapped....mine has worked, and to do the setup I want it would be a couple g's. (Super Vic also, elbow into firewall...etc...)

Let me know Chris. Told ya I'd hook a brother up. Lighter and nothing in the cab, just like mine. Supported 1000hp on pump. :cool:

·
Registered
294 Posts

I've decided i'm definetly going a/w, and im about 99% decided on the frozenboost one. i'm going supervictor/elbow in the firewall and intercooler behind the glovebox.
i'm pretty much copying this setup......
1993 Ford Mustang Lx Engine Bay Photo 9

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've decided i'm definetly going a/w, and im about 99% decided on the frozenboost one. i'm going supervictor/elbow in the firewall and intercooler behind the glovebox.
i'm pretty much copying this setup......
1993 Ford Mustang Lx Engine Bay Photo 9
I have the biggest one they sale 4"inlet and 4"outlet,works great,the only thing i will recomend its to get the biggest ice box you can fit on your car

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well decided to stay with another ebay intercooler. Dyno the car and made 1016 hp and 1004 ft lbs of torque. Lets just hope it holds up.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Well decided to stay with another ebay intercooler. Dyno the car and made 1016 hp and 1004 ft lbs of torque. Lets just hope it holds up.
Just curious, but where have you got it mounted?
I'm gonna go with a similar A/W behind the dash.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts