1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
They're about 10 minutes from my house, i've tried to call there several times with no answer.

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
Just get a Team Z. Arms come welded.

Tim

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Yeah, I would stay clear of that. About 2 months ago I got had on a "chromoly tube k member with A-arms that have adjustable heim joints powdercoated any color I want for 325.00 shipped" This was brand new through a fab shop "speciallizing" in fox suspension parts. When I finally got the K MEMBER! (no a arms) this thing was not chromoly, and the welds were horrendous. Beware of ebay.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I bought one a couple years ago for the Cobra...no problems....My buddy got one a couple months ago.

They take little more time to install but very strong!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Not the place to save money(high stress susp. parts).A failure would probably put you in the wall quick like.Chose a know brand, UPR.Team Z,Baseline,etc. and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
The one good thing is that they do have a lot of cars that run at the same track that I do - Dragway42 - so you actually have people out there using their stuff.

As a matter of fact, I think the shop are actually racers from D42.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Anyone have pics of one installed? Doesn't look bad at all!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I have been 1.29 60's in a 3600lb car...they are strong if they are installed right...I could not believe how much bigger the links are than the name brand stuff!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have been 1.29 60's in a 3600lb car...they are strong if they are installed right...I could not believe how much bigger the links are than the name brand stuff!
Does it come with plates to mount inside the frame rails?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Does it come with plates to mount inside the frame rails?
No...I just ground the round end at an angle to match the frame and welded them straight to it.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Get a known good one. Friend of mine managed to roll 13 times after a cheapie broke at 137 mph. Crossed the 1/8 mile finish on his top at 137. All because of a cheap junk Ebay anti-roll. Destroyed a VERY nice (and well known) 93 coupe 10.5 car.

·
Registered
696 Posts
If two brands make an anti roll bar using same materials, then what is the difference between buying a brand name bar vs. an unknown bar? Its like medication, generic vs. brand name.

disclaimer: I am unsure as to the materials used in the making of any anti roll bar available. Just asking a question.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Thats the thing, you don't know how good their welding/material is for sure,thats why if you go with someone thats has a good reputation with racers(like NMRA) then you know your safe.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts