Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am finally getting my car ready for driving after installing clutch, gears, baseline uppers, and Maximum adjustable lower control arms. Very pleased with the quality of both suspension components. My question, I have the car sitting on blocks suspension loaded.

Do you adjust the upper control arms while they are connected? Or do you have to remove them and adjust, check angle, remove adjust, check angle, repeat.... repeat.... making sure they are both equally turned.

Also, how do I determine what ride height to set the rear?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Searching for answers to this question as well. My car has adjustable UPR upper control arms, and lower control arms. Both have the aluminum spherical bushings. I noticed its sitting lower on the left side. I purchased the car with the current suspension, and I'm just now getting into it.

Can I adjust the upper to make it sit even? Or is there more to it than that?

·
Registered
740 Posts
i've always disconnected one upper control arm from the chassis, adjusted the other (connected), then adjusted the disconnected one until it lines up with the chassis hole.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I am finally getting my car ready for driving after installing clutch, gears, baseline uppers, and Maximum adjustable lower control arms. Very pleased with the quality of both suspension components. My question, I have the car sitting on blocks suspension loaded.

Do you adjust the upper control arms while they are connected? Or do you have to remove them and adjust, check angle, remove adjust, check angle, repeat.... repeat.... making sure they are both equally turned.

[red]Disconnect the pass side arm and set the PA using the drivers side. Then once set adjust the pass side to where the bolt slides through the CA freely. Its ok if both arms are not the same length. This is called setting the PA with zero preload. [/red]

Also, how do I determine what ride height to set the rear?
Ride height is set by either cutting springs or if your LCA have adjustable spring perches (weight jackers).

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
So if ride height is controlled by the spring size, would I be wasting my time adjusting the upper control arm to even out my leaning stance?

The rear driver side seems to sit low... is this control arm related?

·
Registered
389 Posts
na it ha nada too do with the upper arms.....check and see if the springs are set on lower perch evenly....

·
Registered
9,076 Posts
To make it easier when counting the turns, I painted connecting nuts (whatever you want to call it). I painted one of the flats, blue and the the flat on the oppisite side red. It makes it a helluva lot easier when you're tryin gto count how many times or how much you have turned them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts