Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finsihed the swap, no #'s yet but updates to come very soon!

120lb injs idle just like my 60's did.

Only big diff besides the smell I notice is the car is much more responsive, and rev's much faster. Let's hope it spools quicker also!!

I'm real excited!

Updates to come

-Chris

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same here, a few local stations to me have it. I got 10g for 3.12$ a gallon, much better than the 12-14$ a gallon I was spending on race gas. I didn't need the octane fuel I ran in the past, I was just being careful.

Boosted cars seem to love this stuff, so I just had to try it!

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah reg unleaded is 3.73$ a gallon here

·
Registered
483 Posts
Same here, a few local stations to me have it. I got 10g for 3.12$ a gallon, much better than the 12-14$ a gallon I was spending on race gas. I didn't need the octane fuel I ran in the past, I was just being careful.

Boosted cars seem to love this stuff, so I just had to try it!
I wish they had some local to me. the closest one is about an hour away. Hope they put one near by soon.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Have you noticed any change to your air charge temps?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Once I get my kit finished up I will be running e85.....Gas station right around the corner has it. And most within a 10mile radius as well....Only makes sense to run it.

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you noticed any change to your air charge temps?
I havent romp'd on it enough yet to get some good data. I am changing one of my coldside pipes and then will check everything on the dyno. Should have some good info in the next few weeks.

-Chris

·
Registered
297 Posts
get yourself a ethanol content checker. Make sure the fuel you bought tests E85 and not less. Colder climate states switches to E70 during the cold months.

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
get yourself a ethanol content checker. Make sure the fuel you bought tests E85 and not less. Colder climate states switches to E70 during the cold months.

Indeed, I got the Quick Fuel tester from Summit.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Really the least amount of ethanol u will get with e85 is 70%. U won't notice a difference. The e85 vs pump is totally different. Hell a guy on e85performance.net gain 20/20 over 110. E85 will increase spool like no other...its the shizz. I'm surprised u haven't switched sooner....welcome to the darkside (we have cookies..lol).

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Really the least amount of ethanol u will get with e85 is 70%. U won't notice a difference.
You will see a difference from e85 to e70 for sure. There is about a 5% difference.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
No u wont not really cause the time of the year they switch the air is way colder. I know I ran e85 ALL last year. If u are running any mild setups like us u will be fine. I run timing in the mid 20s on 12psi and it is just fine without a tune change. You feel worried change the tune.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I wish some gas station would have more e85 cuz I'm building my fuel system now and would rather have the benefits of E85 but I gess I'll keep with the old pump gas till more gas station offer more E85

1 - 20 of 81 Posts