Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a friend and found out a place i can get e85 from(8 mile drive), being in CA e85 isnt easy to come by. So my question is what would i need fuel wise to run e85?
My setup is F4TE 351 stock shortblock, FAC 190, f cam, gt40 lower/cartech upper with a Turbonetics t76 .96 a/r. For fuel i have, 60lb injectors, sn95 rails, aeromotive fpr, 255 intank/inline pumps.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
bigger injectors and at min 2 -255's...get rid of the inline pump

·
Registered
753 Posts
E85 takes around 25-30% more fuel by volume to reach the same level as gas. So whatever you could make on gas with injector/pump multiply that by %25-30.

What is your power goal?

I would stay away from the 340 pumps and go with a walbro 405.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
E85 takes around 25-30% more fuel by volume to reach the same level as gas. So whatever you could make on gas with injector/pump multiply that by %25-30.

What is your power goal?

I would stay away from the 340 pumps and go with a walbro 405.
Hoping for high 500s low 600s with a c4. Would 1 walbro 405 be enough? How about lines/rails?

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
Just got off the phone with my tuner. He recommended me to go with a A1000 setup and 85lb injectors.
A1000 pumps never seem to last on the street back in the day, unless you put a drop down voltage regulator on it, unless there is new updated version, I don't know about.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
i run e-85 in mine. makes 520, with 65 lb injectors. build your fule system big. if you keep turning it up, you need alot of room to grow with corn. i use a magnafuel pump. its an amazing pump. ive had it 2 years, street drive, and interstate cruise, ( 3 hour trips) no fuel cooler, 100* days, no problems. the A1000 is a joke. magnafuel for the win, dont look back.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
this is the big dog pump, ( you prolly dont need a pump rated @ 2500 hp) but watch ebay casue not alot of people search for magnafuel. people always look for the a1000.

Magnafuel Prostar EFI SQ750 Electric Fuel Pump MP 4103 | eBay

this is the one i run, no complaints at all. and there fully rebuildable !! i called magnafuel earlier this year asking about upgrading my pump to the big dog, they told me all the motors are the same, its just the actual pump thats differnt, and they can convert it for $85. so it may make more sense to buy the one i have, and if you go bigger later, send it in, have it rebuilt for 85 monies, and your set!
Magnafuel Protuner EFI 525 Fuel Pump MP 4302 | eBay

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
I make 800 rwhp with a Magnafuel 4303 pump. It's continuous duty and does not require a controller. I run 120# injectors and the rest of the system is a Glenn's 1000hp sleeper kit. I replaced the twin walbros with the Magnafuel. BBRC rails.

No doubt you will need to upgrade lines, pump AND rails. E85 is no joke when it comes to fuel requirements. It takes a lot more than with gas.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I just made the switch to E85. I put in a MagnaFuel 4303 pump with a -12 to the pump, -10 from the pump to a Y bloch which feeds -8 to each fuel rail. I then came out of the rails with -8 to my Aeromotive regulator and a -10 return back to the tank. I went with a -10 return so I could add another 4303 pump in the future should my power goals exceed 900hp. I am currently running 160lb injectors.

My last fuel system was the same as yours until I made the change. Plan for the future with your fuel system so you dont have to do it again. I am running a GT4788 on a 347 with TFS TW heads. At 13 psi, the car is a total animal.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I just made the switch to E85. I put in a MagnaFuel 4303 pump with a -12 to the pump, -10 from the pump to a Y bloch which feeds -8 to each fuel rail. I then came out of the rails with -8 to my Aeromotive regulator and a -10 return back to the tank. I went with a -10 return so I could add another 4303 pump in the future should my power goals exceed 900hp. I am currently running 160lb injectors.

My last fuel system was the same as yours until I made the change. Plan for the future with your fuel system so you dont have to do it again. I am running a GT4788 on a 347 with TFS TW heads. At 13 psi, the car is a total animal.
one thing i took into consideration when building mine is, magnafuel's pump is what -8 in and out? i never seen any reason to go bigger. ( even though i did on the feed) but its funny, thats all the bigger they built there pump fittings. i took that as a hint, right or wrong ,idk?? you sir have a fuel system for the future ,lol!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts