Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i got a question about the E40D.....is there anyone out there that makes and aftermarket floor style shifter for these trannys??? Lookin for somethin like a winter shifters style shifter. My shifter column broke. Any info would be great, THNX!!

·
Registered
555 Posts
No one makes anything for the e40d. That didnt stop me. I use a BM Magnum grip. The throw on the trans lever is longer than c4/c6. I made it work by cutting 5/8" from the stock trans lever it changed the geometry,and allowed the BM to work. Am not familar with winter shifters.I attached the BM cable to the stock tranny bracket,and use the ubolted the ends of the stock cable to attach to the shorter trans lever.Alex

·
Registered
243 Posts
is your column broke or your shift lever broke? if it is the shift lever it only takes about 20 minutes to replace and only costs around $50. hope this helps

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, the actual rod broke that runs along top of the steering column. THNX redlight for the way to go about replacing the shifter with a B&M. I was able to get a replacement one from ford...$15 for the outer shaft and another $7 for the plunger shaft inside.....so all in all, not too bad....THNX for the replies guys!!!!

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
you can get a prostick that has the gate plate for an aod and it will work but its gonna suck reaching down in the floor to get to the short shifter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts