Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is running it over here? I have decided that is what I will be using. I have five E-85 stations close to me, and at least 2 on my normal way to Miami everyday. I just can't see any reason not to run it.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
The only reason not to run it is if it is not available in your area IMO.

·
Registered
623 Posts
sorry not to hijack thread..but im running it also and love it so far..what do you guys run for timing and boost with this stuff?
thanks,
Ty

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
sorry not to hijack thread..but im running it also and love it so far..what do you guys run for timing and boost with this stuff?
thanks,
Ty
You can run quite a bit of boost with it. 20+NP IMO. As far as timing goes, you will have to take it to the dyno or track to see what it likes. Just because it doesn't detonate when you add more timing doesn't mean you are making more HP. E85 has a pretty wide tuning window.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
I ran it in my old efi 347 combo and will be running it in my new 338/PT88/FAST combo once I get it all together. I look at it as cheap race gas.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome. I am 100% going for it. Do it once, and do it right. What size injectors would you guys recommend? My build so far.....

Teksid block .20 over
Lunatti stroker crank
Mod max Forged h-beam rods
CP pistons (8.5.1)
All ARP
Melling oil pump w/ billet gears
Ported and polished 4v heads
Angle job on the valves
Ferrera valves
Comp cam srings and retainers
Houston Performance 4v cams
Rebuilt T-56 w/26 spline input shaft
MGW shifter
.70 turbo .68 ( I may change this before it is done. .76 or .78)
SLP LM1's

I'm saving for a Behind bars Race Cars complete fuel system with 18 gallon tank and rails.

·
Registered
939 Posts
How do you upgrading the fuel system..if your system can support 1000hp..does it only support 500 hp on E85? what about injectors?

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
From what i understand E85 requires 30% more fuel to achieve the same outcome. So im sure thats not an exact number because every engine is different therefore every engine will require a different amount of fuel to achieve a specific goal. I would feel safe with a "1000" HP fuel system running 700HP on E85

·
Registered
297 Posts
look at your injector duty cycle and your fuel pressure. You can calculate if you need to go bigger on both items.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts