Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my car dynoed today at Elite Performance (off Westpark). I think this shop is fairly new. They are nice guys and seem knowledgeable, but I think their dyno is off by about 10%. The reason I say this is because there were 5 different people that I talked to who dynoed lower than they thought. We estimated the 10% figure by comparing other dyno figures from other shops. I don't think there's anything wrong with the dyno being off (unless it's being used to falsely inflate the numbers [coughMTIcough]) because all dynos are different, human error, blah blah. That's why I try to stick to one dyno and always get my car done there.

So, here's my numbers:
Run1:228.9hp, 272.6 tq
Run2:230.7hp, 274.5 tq

So, if we take the ~10% that it's supposedly off, I have
Run1:251.79hp, 299.86tq
Run2:253.77hp, 301.95tq

My mods are:
Pro-M77 w/ K&N
ASP pullies
Accel 300+ wires
Mobil 1 Synthetic (freshly changed)
MAC (leaky) shorties
MAC (leaky) H pipe w/cats
3.73s

It was also pretty cold and dry today so that should have helped some. Last time I dynoed elsewhere, I had crappy FMS wires and hadn't added the Pro-M or pullies and pulled 232hp. So, what do you all think about my numbers and my ~10% theory? Which numbers sound more realistic for my car?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Your numbers are right on the money IMO. PETE302 has just long tubes and a cam on your car and only dynoed 260hp. I really dont think that your car would only be 10hp away from his, beung that his is freshly rebuilt ( 9,000 miles ago ) and the camshaft. Plus figure that a stock 94-95 Cobra only had 245hp to begin with makes a stock one dyno in the area of 190-220hp ( depending on what you use to do driveline hp loss. ) Just something to share with you though.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Nice #'s
Those #'s are in line with my 94 Cobra. I had mine dynoed at Flat rate in Pearland. Came in @ 232, with only FRPP headers & Bassani X pipe w cats.
I'll be going to Houston Performance mid March. Have added cat back, pullies, ProM 77, Crane Hi6 ignition box. Don't look for that much more, since HP dyno #'s are usuall lower than everybody elses.

·
Registered
591 Posts
My car with just the OR X-pipe, pulleys, K&N, and timing advanced pulled 244RWHP and 291lb-ft RWTQ. The temp in the dyno room was 102 deg.

This was at Strictly Performance over a year ago. They are located by BW-8 & I-45 South I did put ice on my intake because after driving an hour to get there, it was scorching hot! Myself and about 4 other guys (& cars) are going to try to go there again next Saturday if you want to meet us out there and check it again. I'll post later this week with prices and whether or not we will go for sure. I'd say your numbers, the actual ones are about right.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To be honest, I was guesstimating about 240 rear wheel, going from the 232 I got from Houston Performance before adding the wires, pullies and ProM. If you guys say it's decent, then I'll go with that. The true test of any car is the 1/4 mile.

erik: I might take you up on that offer, as long as the dyno isn't too expensive ($35 ish). Please keep me informed of your plan! you can email me at [email protected]. Thanks!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good question twofast. I'm not positive, but watching the video i made, it appears to be 4th. Just curious why this matters?

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Rusman said:
Good question twofast. I'm not positive, but watching the video i made, it appears to be 4th. Just curious why this matters?
4th is a 1 to 1 ratio so an accurate power reading is given to the rear wheels. You can do it in 3rd and correct it using some math, but 4th is the way to do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts