Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why would we tune the car and we see 11.0 across the board take it on the street and a/f goes to 14? any ideas the dyno is a mustang dyno

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
same exact wideband? when on the dyno and the street there is a bit of difference but 11 to 14 is huge..

·
Registered
52 Posts
What wideband are you using? I had the same problem with my cheap innovate wideband, but the sensors can go bad. I upgraded to a ngk wideband and went to the dyno and they were the same then.

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
put it back on the dyno and see what it does... is this the same wideband that the dyno operator used to tune the car?

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
What I meant was.. if you guys put the car back on the dyno, the a/f gauge went back to 11:1? also your saying your AEm showed the same as the Dynos wideband both times?

·
Registered
883 Posts
if it was me, id puill the file and look at the load to fuel ratio table. if there was nothing, and the wideband is NOT the issue, i'd turn learning off and do a few street pulls.
reconcile the difference between commanded a/f and actual.

the dyno loading, and you car loading matters. IE, you have a 2800lb car and the dyno loads it to 3500. load will never reach 80-100 percent at points and maybe the table needs correcting.

datalog the maf. look to make sure you are not pegging it because the transfer function is wrong.

id look to the maf transfer function or injector slope settings if there are no hardware or load to commanded a/f errors.

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
I know that sometimes there is difference but not that much.. did they tune the transfer by free reving the engine or rolling in on the rollers? also if on the rollers were the rollers loaded? what ecu is this and whats being used for tuning? but actually what do the dyno guys say?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts