Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
YES! other wise its more then likely not going to start, or run every well.

and if you keep running it hard like that, better start looking for another motor now

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
some have managed to get by without tuning, but it's a crapshoot. Plan on getting it tuned. If it runs great without it and AFRs are safe, you may be OK, but it will probably make more power and be quicker with a proper tune.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
You'll likely grenade an engine that was factory tuned to be an N/A engine after you turbo it. Do it right and get it tuned.

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
Absolutley, even with locking timing for base will help! thing is likely with blowthough combo's and calibrated mass air meter's will still be off (AFR). Best to have new setup properly tuned so you don't run into issues...I tuning many turbo car's and there is alot of custom tuning needed to match combination correctly.

Chris

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it that the guy that i had go over the car said that i can run it like that he had many cars run like this he got it running like it a jet and im new to the turbo world

·
Registered
459 Posts
Tune IT

Take it from me.... get your car tuned or you ARE going to have problems. Even getting a base tune will still not get you where you completely need to be to run safe IMO. There are too many factors that come into play. Mass Air Calibration, timing, compression, injector size. The factory computer is not just going to look at all of what you are changing and make changes accordingly. Especially when you are throwing boost at the motor. Get it tuned! Hook up with Chris from Power Adder Solutions. He will set you up. If my car didn't already have an SCT chip, I'ld be working directly with Chris. Plus he has some serious experience tuning cars and is a wealth of knowledge. Good Luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts