Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can i expect to pay for a custom dyno tuning session for my single turbo car once im ready to go? I would like an sct chip and i see they are about $269 most places. Do you guys normally get multiple tunes on these chips, ie 1 for 8lbs boost for strrt, maybe one 10 lbs for track etc?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
5.50-7 hundo!!!!!! with chip

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Researching a bit now. Either DGR in Dillsburg PA or Dirty Dirty Racing in VA. Dirtys a few more hours away though. Ive heard good things of Dave Guy at DGR

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
I used Frank at PSI motorsports. He is in PA. His price is reasonable. He made 512whp, through my AOD 306 turbo, on 93 octane. I am switching to MegaSquirt and lsx coils, I might use him again to help me with first tune. Then tech myself from there.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used Frank at PSI motorsports. He is in PA. His price is reasonable. He made 512whp, through my AOD 306 turbo, on 93 octane. I am switching to MegaSquirt and lsx coils, I might use him again to help me with first tune. Then tech myself from there.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express
Very interesting, just got a response from PSI, stating "Sorry but we are not tuning anything older than 1996."

Guess that rules them out...

·
Registered
549 Posts
why not get a moates quarthorse, have someone do a base tune for you, and then learn to tune it yourself from there? thats what i'm gonna try to do. I believe poweraddersolutions wrote my base tune. i'm about ready to fire it up

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
really dont want to learn how to tune. Im burnt out from learning :cool: besides, theres lots of guys that have great experience tuning these things and id be better utilizing their skills here

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
We have been asked this on several occasions, I believe it really depends on area and work performed so out of fairness we can not speak for other tuners compared pricing, 500-$700 range is usually common, we also offer base tuning services with a mailed SCT Chip for non DYI tuners (Quarterhorse Tuning) if one wants to have finalized on the Dyno which is recommended, specifically with the On3 kits and fox body kit's our base tunes are proven with data supplied. If you have any questions please just let us know.

Thanks,
PAS,Inc.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
with a "base" tune on an sct chip, I assume thats enough to drive to a shop to have a final tune done on the dyno? Does that base tune simpky get overwritten with the final tune? Guess i should read up a bit more on these...

·
Registered
529 Posts
A friend/co worker just finished up his On3 install with an SCT chip that was sent along with his kit from PAS. The car fired right up and ran well with no issues. Ran 12.28/117. This is a completely stock 90' coupe with the kit @9.5lbs. Took the car to the nearest SCT Authorized tuner, baselines @379hp & I believe the TQ was 459. After a few changes car made 397/479 but the tuner could not get the drivability dialed in. He had already overwritten the original flash and had no way of going back until he was supplied a copy of the original tune. So yes, the original "base tune" should be fine as long as that "tuner" has experience with your particular set-up and the final tune will be written over the baseline tune unless of course you have a switch chip. After seeing first hand the customer service offered by Chris at Power Adder Solutions, he'd definetely be MY first choice. Just do some research before you give your $ away. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
now leaning towards the Moates Quarterhorse with a base tune from Willie at DirtydirtyRacing or PAS

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks for the encouragement. Sounds like I better start reading over on eectuning!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks. I know I will need to purchase Binary Editor from eectuning, but is that needed right away to run the base tune that Dirtydirty will be providing or is that only needed when updating a tune? Im not sure how all that fits together yet...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts