Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a dyno shop last fall and had a dyno tune done. what i found really weard was when they were doing the first couple test pulls it put down a sweet # of 387hp. it was a first-second pull up to 3500 rpms....... by the time i got done it made 289hp, 315tq, I asked what happend and i was told that it was just slip in the coverter or some thing. I think I got robed and they just de tuned me.

can any one explain this to tell me what is what if it was a good tune or just got cheated.

·
Registered
418 Posts
yeah those numbers sound awful low. For a 347 with your mods you should be making well over 300 horses. I'd be pissed.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it was a Dyno Jet, Nitrious Pete did the tuning.

·
Registered
302 Posts
If the power kept falling off with successive pulls, then I'd say that it may have been transmission related. I've seen this a number of times on my own dyno. Converter slip and/or transmission slip will reduce the power to the wheels. The easy way to tell if it was in the tuning is pull the chip and make a back-to-back pull (chip/no chip) when everything is hot. If the two pulls are the same, or very nearly, then you have the answer to your problem. Unfortunately, no amount of tuning will correct for underlying mechanical issues, so don't be too hard on you tuner until you know for sure where the problem lies.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it was not falling off. they had to do a couple tess pul for fuel/air/timeing. they was when it happend. and there is no probems with my motor it runs just fine. and i cant disconect my chip at all. cause they hade to recalibrate the mass air cause it was so far off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts