Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
No, I didnt know they were letting off at only 6500 untill I saw the print outs at the end :( I was pretty bummed on that.

·
Registered
199 Posts
with the 10 inch it holds the power to redline as opposed to yours it seems to start to drop off around 6200 rpm.probably if they ran it up to redline it would of dropped even more in my opinion. awesome numbers by the way.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
yeah, they didnt hold mine out too long. I didnt see the 10" to redline tho either? Im sure its better tho.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Still a very strong curve. Great job!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Wow those are some great numbers Sky! I new Shawn would get you some good numbers! Congrats! I wouldn't be surprised to see you rip an 11 sec. run in that thing!
My blower is getting ported right now and then i'm going to get shawn to retune mine! when you going to the track? I'm still waiting on my blower and then i need a retune so i won't be able to make it until july probably :(
Leon

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yeah im selling my car, but I'd like to take it once before I sell it. Theres definatly an 11sec pass in it with some slicks, and some good weather.

·
Registered
1 Posts
nice numbers, but im not jealous ive got a 99 that is completly stock and did not get the performance upgrade so im probably sitting at 230rwhp haha that sucks. no really nice looking numbers.
Actually, all 99 cobras have been documented to have had the procedure done, most,almost all of them were still on lot to be sold still, the testers are the ones that found out the problem and they test before public sale generally. So a recall was issued and problem fixed a couple diff ways, im sure yours has been fixed already. It just feels slow because it is, thats all. :giggle:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Actually, all 99 cobras have been documented to have had the procedure done, most,almost all of them were still on lot to be sold still, the testers are the ones that found out the problem and they test before public sale generally. So a recall was issued and problem fixed a couple diff ways, im sure yours has been fixed already. It just feels slow because it is, thats all. :giggle:
This thread is legal to drive and you post this silly crap.

What the hell is happening here

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
I think your autocorrect meant this thread is 16 years old and some dipshit bumps it... lol yeah... Probably some kid who was 5 years old when this post was made lmao.

·
Registered
584 Posts
As I read this thread and hear of all the different results people have gotten, I can't help but wonder how much of the differences are do to different dyno's, small things like CAI's and other small mods, and how big those differences may be. And ultimately which set of differences (dyno's, dyno operators, etc or actual differences in the cars themselves) accounted for the larger differences.

I'm the original owner of my 99' and remember what it felt like before/after the power upgrade (there were a lot of sold cars at this point, a much smaller number were still n dealers lots). In short perhaps not as much difference as some want to believe.

What was interesting was that a friend of mine and myself both bought 99's off the same lot at the same time, our VIN's were sequential, same color, equipment, etc.. On day one we switched off cars several times and they felt identical in all ways. He went home to Washington, I went home to Oregon and we didn't bring the cars together until roughly 8000 miles later. We were both floored (especially him) by how different the cars now felt. No upgrades had been made to either, only factory servicing was done (oil changes and a tire rotation). His car felt like a dog while mine ran great, his car's brakes didn't stop as well, his car's tires tracked differently, and they appeared to even use gas differently. Cars? Break in habits?

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
Nothing was done to the brakes, he probably had a worn out system at that point or used crap pads. Same deal with basic maintenance and how different they felt. CAIs don't do anything to 94-04 cars, the stock system is not restrictive and all the other "small" mods are mostly a waste of money. See way too many cars with "bbk cai, bbk tb, pullies, shorties, msd coils" etc... and none of that does jack **** except lighten the owner's wallet and let other ppl who actually know about these cars that the person who did those mods is a dipshit.

Again, just an example of maintenance vs just letting it go. Also this thread was bumped from 2004.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I suspect you're right. He wasn't a car guy while I made sure every bit of maintenance was done with the details in mind. His car even looked different because of the way he washed and sealed it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
There were no "couple of different ways:

well WTH bump....actually plenty of the 99s were just pencil whipped.

I would guess anything making less than 270 did not get the intake changed out.

I was making 263 and found that intake was an unrevised intake. I got an 2004 mach...no dyno yet..

Love the guys who come in just to dis the 1999 cobras...wow..

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
Pffft I'd love a 99 Cobra. Everyone does aftermarket exhaust anyway, Mach or revised Cobra intakes are cheap, and ppl bash on the 99 IRS but those axles are fine for anything the stock block can take.

My car right now might as well be. 4V swap with 99-02 C heads, Mach intake, 99 IRS... Tuned, basic bolt ons, FTBR kit out back and it runs like a raped ape.

·
Registered
584 Posts
There were no "couple of different ways:

well WTH bump....actually plenty of the 99s were just pencil whipped.

I would guess anything making less than 270 did not get the intake changed out.

I was making 263 and found that intake was an unrevised intake. I got an 2004 mach...no dyno yet..

Love the guys who come in just to dis the 1999 cobras...wow..
You think the dealers dyno tested each 1999 Cobra before deciding if it got the intake or not? It would cost more to do that.. especially since that would require outsourcing the dyno work or installing a new one since most dealers don't have them.. than to just change the intakes.

The factory says "all cars with this VIN gets these parts and it should be documented this way.."

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
Yep, that's how it works. Not saying some didn't get pencil whipped but it would be pretty obvious to the owner if there wasn't a new intake on the car after the recall work was done...

·
Registered
115 Posts
As I read this thread and hear of all the different results people have gotten, I can't help but wonder how much of the differences are do to different dyno's, small things like CAI's and other small mods, and how big those differences may be. And ultimately which set of differences (dyno's, dyno operators, etc or actual differences in the cars themselves) accounted for the larger differences.

I'm the original owner of my 99' and remember what it felt like before/after the power upgrade (there were a lot of sold cars at this point, a much smaller number were still n dealers lots). In short perhaps not as much difference as some want to believe.

What was interesting was that a friend of mine and myself both bought 99's off the same lot at the same time, our VIN's were sequential, same color, equipment, etc.. On day one we switched off cars several times and they felt identical in all ways. He went home to Washington, I went home to Oregon and we didn't bring the cars together until roughly 8000 miles later. We were both floored (especially him) by how different the cars now felt. No upgrades had been made to either, only factory servicing was done (oil changes and a tire rotation). His car felt like a dog while mine ran great, his car's brakes didn't stop as well, his car's tires tracked differently, and they appeared to even use gas differently. Cars? Break in habits?
Valve seats would move around...heck some didnt stay put and came out. Their is also the valve lashers not allow the valves to completely seat. One of these or both most likely the problem with power loss. They were common issues not addressed by Ford

21 - 38 of 38 Posts