Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my dyno sheet flew out while driving too fast showin my buddy the car on the way home. But I got my car tuned by Shawn Ellis @ Socaldiablo, and he was a great, guy I would recommend him 110%.

Car made 312rwhp pretune, and 319.8 post tune. Picked up a bit under the curve, and it a lot more reponsive part throttle. It doesnt come on at all till 5000rpm, but holds over 300rwhp from there to 6500 where they let off. I wish they pulled it to redline but I didnt know till it was over. This is off memory as I lost the slip. Made 150rwhp at 3000rpm. How does this compare with you other guys cars that have similar bolt-ons but not a ported intake?

Now I need to hit the track.

Skyler

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Great Numbers! As far as the intake, some people are claiming close to 320 without a ported intake. That is extremely rare. Your a good 10 HP over a similar combo without ported intake.

Todd

·
Registered
285 Posts
nice numbers, but im not jealous ive got a 99 that is completly stock and did not get the performance upgrade so im probably sitting at 230rwhp haha that sucks. no really nice looking numbers.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah Ive seen some guys put down 320 w/ out and intake, I was just wondering how their curves compared, because my car doesnt come on hard till 5k. Shawn if your out there can I get another print out of that dyno again, it flew out the window, haha.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Skyman said:
Yeah Ive seen some guys put down 320 w/ out and intake, I was just wondering how their curves compared, because my car doesnt come on hard till 5k. Shawn if your out there can I get another print out of that dyno again, it flew out the window, haha.
Well,

320RWHP with just a few mods (Jba Headers, Xpipe, Magnaflow catback, Ported lower, pulleys, 85mm Pro-m, dense charger, solid ) is very strong.

How about your TQ? Do you recall it? You can always swap your stock intake and record the gains/losses?

As far as the low end (3000K) HP, my car stock (after fixed) was making 150RWHP by 3300RPMs and before the fix by almost 3500RPMS.

When making around 320RWHP it made 150RWHP right at 3000RPMs as well. At that time my mods were about the same as yours.

There are not that many bolt ons 99 Cobras out here with just a very few mods making 320RWHP. IMHO, you are running great.

I told you it would made power:evil:

Naz

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yeah I am happy with how well its running. No complains just trying to compare things. Im not gonna swap the intake, spending $650 was a lot more than I expected to spend already. On dyno/tune.

-Sky

·
Registered
571 Posts
i made 313rwhp and 316 rwtq before my AL flywheel...i'm guessing i'm around 325rwhp now.....
definitely good numbers though....congrats!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
quick01snake said:
i made 313rwhp and 316 rwtq before my AL flywheel...i'm guessing i'm around 325rwhp now.....
definitely good numbers though....congrats!
Are you saying an aluminum flywheel gave you 13 HP?:eek:

·
Registered
571 Posts
tmhutch said:
Are you saying an aluminum flywheel gave you 13 HP?:eek:
AL flywheel will not "give" hp...it just lessens your drivtrain loss....i've heard removing 1lb of rotational mass is equivalent to removing 10 lbs of dead weight, or something like that...the AL flywheels weighs maybe HALF of what the stock flywheel weighed, probably 10 lbs lighter...and since it was a NOTICEABLE difference on acceleration after the flywheel/clutch install...i guessing it was at least 10 rwhp...i should be going on the dyno in the next couple of weeks, so i'll let you know....

·
Banned
1,364 Posts
An aluminum flywheel will show up as extra hp on an inertial dynamometer, such as a dynojet.

I mean, a dynojet IS just a big flywheel, and a sampling unit that records flywhee rpm very quickly. The more power you make, the quicker the flywheel spools up. Lightening the CAR's flywheel is akin to lightening the DYNO's flywheel, which allows it to spool faster.

A braking dyno however, would show no increase in power.

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
This was my 10 inch runner intake..patent pending lol.
I like the curve. Very happy. Definetely couldve used a tune.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Skyman said:

Looks like mine holds pretty well against the 10"
That dyno chart looks very healthy Sky. Nice.

You making decent power down low and mid range. It makes 300+RWHP o/a 48-4900RPMS not too shabby!:evil:

Naz

PS. I could not see your Chart, so I'm hosting it....sorry, hope you dont mind.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Id like to see that intake taken to 7k. Any runs taken that high?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts