1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my car dyno'd and heres what I got:

240 hp
283 torque

The only mods are the stock h-pipe/converters are removed and a custom built 2.5 X pipe is in place with 2 chamber flows, 2.5 tail pipes with oval rolled stainless tips, and a K&N Filter with silencer reomved. Pullies will be my next addition, so maybe 245 or 250 should be my next output. Is this average, good, below average or what? I havent took it to the track yet, but I hope to get around 102 out of it.

·
Registered
643 Posts
If it's SAE corrected numbers and assuming that you have manual transmission you're making around 282 hp at the crank.
22hp from just exhaust?
Too good to be true IMO.

N

·
0 Posts
my car with a bassani x pipe, stock catback, k&n, pullies and 70mm tb made 250rwhp and 285rwtq....that type of power is possible...

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To good to be true? LOL

You had 250 with pullies and a TB? Cool, id hope to gain more than 10 more hp with those 2 bolt ons. The big difference in HP and Torque is what amazed me. And yes, it is a 5 speed, and with stock gears mind you. Like I said, only mods are custom made X pipe, 2.5 in, and a K&N Replacement type filter with silencer removed. I knew this car was strong because I waxed a 96 Cobra the other day.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Yeah, right.
Especially with TB.:lol:
And this guy in Cobra probably didn't even know that you're racing him.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Obviously this guy...

is jealous here. Anyone else have any comparable numbers with similar add on's? I also have 3 copies of the dyno run's, one with both passes, one with the highest pass by itself, and one with MPH at the bottom of the chart instead of RPM's. And this was done on a DynoJet Dyno, so I know its accurate.

And as for Mr WOT, theres always a smart [email protected]@ in every crowd, I guess its your day huh. The car was a 96 GT, with a saleen Kit, ground effects,spoilers,wheels,suspension, and it had a 96 DOC Cobra engine in it. We raced 3 times back to back to back, same outcome everytime. By the time I was in 4th gear, he was about 5 car lengths behind, :)

·
Registered
643 Posts
Nothing to be jealos about.
I'm happy for each and every buddy Stanger who makes the decent power.
What I meant in my first post that 22rwhp is kind of very unusual gain for such a simple mod as exhaust. But I've never seen your base line, probably you car was a freak from the factory.
Cobra even in stock configuration has more power than you're making right now (I expect numbers you posted are SAE corrected, not standard, otherwise subract 4%). Either that guy can't drive or was just sleeping.
And TB as many here stated does not give you any power increase sometimes it even robs it.
Have fun and take it to the strip.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well...

Yes these numbers are SAS correct, I can get the charts scanned and put on here if you would like to see them. The only thing else I really plan on doing is the pullies, and I would like to see 250 from that, but im not gonna be let down if I dont. I was actually expecting 230 today, when he said 240, I said Dayum!!!, lol. The guy in the saleen/cobra wasnt speed shifting, I could tell that much when we first hit them, so that could be one reason I hung it on him so bad, but the thing is, when we both nailed them, at the same time, I immediately jumped almost a car length in front and just kept pulling. I know that 96 Cobra motor was rated at 305hp while mine was 260, from the factory, so maybe hes got something wrong, or it was the lack of not speed shifting, hell I dont know, but I do know he seen some taillights, lol. I need to figure out how to do the mods in the signature and how to post things like pictures in the posts.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Those Cobra engines make about 255-260rwhp. This GT makes 240 and just as much torque, earlier in the RPM's. GT's get the jump and win short races but the guy could easly match if not beat you with just a gear change, say 4.10's or 4.30's. If the engine/gears are stock, I totally believe that you beat him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts