Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After blowing a headgakset and melting a TfS head... It's up and going again with some Windsor j/r iron heads.... Stock block/shortblock

17lbs it made [email protected], need to put some 308gears in it... 355s are still to much

·
Registered
525 Posts
So whats ur setup? At 17lbs I would think it would've made more than that...

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Auto... To loose of a converter, 17lbs is probably maxing out the on3 turbo... Didn't make a pull over 5500

·
Registered
279 Posts
What caused your head gasket & head to fail?
I have TFS heads & I just blew one TOO!! on 9lbs
12hrs to tear down clean & re assemble ugg! Went to a MLS gasket & a bigger rad..& i need a new tune! Hope I get more than 2 hrs out of this set up!

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
That is a lot of boost for pump gas. When racing I would put some higher octane gas in that thing for insurance. You are at or slightly beyond the "edge".

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The headgasket and head went because I never turned my flip switch to my tune... Mine only took 9hrs to take apart and put together.... It will see race gas maybe... But it was tuned on pump gas with Afr of 12.2

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Not really, I plan to up my boost to 14lbs and make around 500. What you should have done was had it tuned for 110 octane kill mode (safer).

I made the most out of my chip by using all the settings. I had the car tuned on pump gas almost empty, then added 5 gallons of 110 octane and turned up the timing to 21*

SCT Flip chip

setting #1 93 octane 414HP @ 10lbs
setting #2 110 octane 431 HP @ 10lbs
setting #3 93 octane ? have not changed spring yet
setting #4 110 0ctane ? have not changed spring yet

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
5spd cars put more power to the tires then auto cars and I don't need kill mode... I'm gonna drive it on street. Drive to track race drive home

·
Registered
546 Posts
12.2 is pretty lean, my car is like 10.8 with 18 degrees timing. Made 522 through a t-5 with 12lb's, so roughly 475ish with an auto..... 17lbs is alotof boost. The thing is gonna blow!

·
Registered
120 Posts
change to e85 and add more timing. i'm at 22 degrees timing and 10lbs of boost with c4 trans. running 10.5 with full interior car on 17's. a/f at 11.2

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Perfect Air Fuel is 12.5... My total timing is 14* it's a ticking time bomb but what supercharger/turbo stock block car isnt?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Perfect Air Fuel is 12.5... My total timing is 14* it's a ticking time bomb but what supercharger/turbo stock block car isnt?
What makes you think 12.5 is a perfect A/F ratio? It varies from engine to engine on what is right or not right. Perfect A/F is technically Stoich which is 14.7.

Were you monitoring EGT temps? Cylinder pressures? Knock? I doubt it.

You want it to last longer? Give it more fuel

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
12.5 is the max For boosted car... I'm not worried it just a Stock block bottom end... Dime a dozen to replace

1 - 20 of 27 Posts