Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I went online to compare prices. Discount tire shows them, but the Tire Rack only shows the older DZ101's. Thinking it was me, I checked a different size with the same results. And they were listed about a week ago!?What's up with that? I called too late on Sat. to speak to someone, so I'll have to try tomorrow.

Where did you guys buy your Z1's, and do they offer shaving, which is one of the reasons I was going with the Tire Rack.

Thanx,

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought mine at tirerack. This was 5 months ago though... I like em, they are on my daily driver, autocrossed them only once.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Mine came from Tire Rack a few months ago. 225/45/17 for my SVT Focus.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I called today from work to order them and it was no issue. Didn't ask why the tires are not showing up on their site. I was ready to pull the trigger until I inquired about shaving, which I thought was only $15 per, but is now $25 per tire. Now I realize that it's only another $40 total, but that with the shipping put me over the $800 mark. Maybe it was sticker shock or the principal of the shaving cost. I kinda want that instant gratification not having to deal with 10/32" of tread squirm for autox use and the possible issue of chunking at track events. I don't know, maybe I'm cheapin out, as the Dunlops are not going to be the dedicated autox sneakers. Thoughts? :idunno:

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Uhmm . . . it's right here.
I see that. Bizarre. Earlier this afternoon, they still were not listed if you went into tires by size. :shakehead No big deal, as they do have them in stock. It's all good....

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
i have these as well, 255/40 17 on my 04. Got them from TireRack. I LOVE this tire.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
I see that. Bizarre. Earlier this afternoon, they still were not listed if you went into tires by size. :shakehead No big deal, as they do have them in stock. It's all good....
Yes, I looked too, and they also didn't show up under tires by brand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts