Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im putting dual quads on my 33 Chevy and l got to thinking about my 95 I know Pro-m makes a kit for dual throttle body set up for ford's I wondering how my supercharger would do on that set up .
Just thinking of something different to do that hasn't been done 1,000 times on a mustang.
Couple of carb hats and lil tubing
I will be doing the coil on also
This is not my engine took it from. pro-m website

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Apologies for derailing

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I believe you can run 2 mass air meters at the same time with the system. youd have to email them.

wonder if you can do that with a terminator x?

·
Premium Member
244 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was wondering if I could just use a single Pro-m 92 mass air since I would be using a supercharger and a Y to attach the pipe to the throttle bodies

·
Premium Member
244 Posts

Reactions: kjb302ho

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
That thing is definitely a unicorn. what was its intended purpose when it was released? What year was it built?

Thats the coolest thing ive seen in a long time.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
this is before summit purchased the trick flow brand?

Btw, I was in 6th grade when this manifold was released lol

·
Premium Member
244 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
I was wondering if I could just use a single Pro-m 92 mass air since I would be using a supercharger and a Y to attach the pipe to the throttle bodies
While kjb302ho and mb92gt99gt99light hijack your thread and discuss the finer points of the TFS horseshoe intake, I'll answer your question. Yes, you can just use a single air meter if you are going to use a Y before the throttle bodies.

·
Registered
323 Posts
It would be worth seeing if you could put sensors on the primaries to read the front and back cylinders to see if the split in the pipe caused any issues with different air flow to those supplied cylinders and if there were any boost drops or hesitation when getting into boost. I would assume it wouldnt be a huge deal, but still figure it may be a tuning nightmare because it will be reading off a O2 sensor and making a change to separate throttle bodies so say they both read lean the one would be trying to compensate for that lean reading by adding fuel, but you have 2 systems adding fuel therefore making it twice as rich as it needed to correct. Maybe Im wrong but thats just my thinking on it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It would be worth seeing if you could put sensors on the primaries to read the front and back cylinders to see if the split in the pipe caused any issues with different air flow to those supplied cylinders and if there were any boost drops or hesitation when getting into boost. I would assume it wouldnt be a huge deal, but still figure it may be a tuning nightmare because it will be reading off a O2 sensor and making a change to separate throttle bodies so say they both read lean the one would be trying to compensate for that lean reading by adding fuel, but you have 2 systems adding fuel therefore making it twice as rich as it needed to correct. Maybe Im wrong but thats just my thinking on it.
The only sensors I see in the picture is one iac and one tps on the rear throttle body looks like the front ones have been removed and blocked off I think a open style intake like a tunnel ram would be better and not a dual plane for the induction side of it and single mass air in the fender

·
Registered
286 Posts
Two systems adding fuel? The only “addition” of fuel for corrective purposes gets done via closed loop feedback from the widebands. If one bank is lean, then the wideband for that back should detect the lean condition and the duty cycle of the injectors in that bank will get increased to compensate.

·
Registered
90 Mustang 5.0 5spd, 400+ HP
71 Posts
That is a cool intake! WOW . I'm jealous

In regards to the person who suggested using a single TB then branching it out into a "Y" to go into the two sides of that intake, you wouldn't gain any performance because the max airflow would be limited to the size of the TB diameter. In fact, I'm sure you'd be losing performance with N.A. because the velocity of airflow coming into the single MAF and TB would be cut in half going into that intake. The engine would lose torque through the whole RPM range. It would probably do the same with a SC as well, but not as much since the airflow is forced into the engine.

For best mileage and torque at low RPM's (under 4k for a daily driver) the air intake charge velocity is kept high through small diameter and long intake runners. The factory 5.0 intake on the 87 -93 5.0 Mustangs has 19" long intake runners.

I would think the horseshoe intake would only give improvements in HP + Tq with a big cam, and engine RPM's in the 4500-7k range.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That is a cool intake! WOW . I'm jealous

In regards to the person who suggested using a single TB then branching it out into a "Y" to go into the two sides of that intake, you wouldn't gain any performance because the max airflow would be limited to the size of the TB diameter. In fact, I'm sure you'd be losing performance with N.A. because the velocity of airflow comings into the single MAF and TB would be cut in half going into that intake. The engine would lose torque through the whole RPM range. It would probably do the same with a SC as well, but not as much since the airflow is forced into the engine.

For best mileage and torque at low RPM's (under 4k for a daily driver) the air intake charge velocity is kept high through small diameter and long intake runners. The factory 5.0 intake on the 87 -93 5.0 Mustangs has 19" long intake runners.

I would think the horseshoe intake would only give improvements in HP + Tq with a big cam, and engine RPM's in the 4500-7k range.
[/QUOTE

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No one ever said a single throttle body and Y it I I said 2 throttle bodies not tbi throttle bodies just throttle Bodies and a Y from super charger ...single mass air in the fender and I Injectorsin the the intake nothing about horse shoe intake

·
Registered
323 Posts
Two systems adding fuel? The only “addition” of fuel for corrective purposes gets done via closed loop feedback from the widebands. If one bank is lean, then the wideband for that back should detect the lean condition and the duty cycle of the injectors in that bank will get increased to compensate.
I wasnt thinking in terms of that being only a throttle body, Im used to my holley super sniper that has the injectors in it and doesnt go directly into a port.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts