Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a level 10 dss short block with trick flow heads. I have a f cam with a victor 5.0 manifold and a precision 76mm turbo. I currently have a powerglide in the car and am using a FAST engine management to tune the car. My question is what do u guys think my limit on hp is? I know its really just a stock block with a girdle and good arp stuff. Just curious what #s u guys think is safe for my setup. In the near future I will b putting together a 393 stroker motor.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
safe?? 450, wanna push it?? 525 - 575.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking 450 on the safe side. I don't really need a huge # I'm not trying to set the world on fire. It's just until I put the bigger motor in. Thanks man

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
np, just been down this road myself. Just got done putting another shortblock in my car today. Prob start it tomorrow. The grenaded one is sitting under the bench in the garage next to the first grenaded one from last spring, lol. One day here ill put a good block in this thing!! However the previous one last a while at over 575. I dont spin it though 6k rpm max.

·
Registered
747 Posts
np, just been down this road myself. Just got done putting another shortblock in my car today. Prob start it tomorrow. The grenaded one is sitting under the bench in the garage next to the first grenaded one from last spring, lol. One day here ill put a good block in this thing!! However the previous one last a while at over 575. I dont spin it though 6k rpm max.
what was your 60 ft time in your sig and your car was making 575 in the 10.7 run?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I also have a Precision 76mm and used a stock bottom end. 12lbs produced about 565fwhp and trapped 130-133mph. I never spun the engine over 6k and that shortblock lasted for 60 or so passes plus a couple thousand street miles. It must have been right at the edge because after the racing season was over I turned it up to 15lbs and it broke a rod the 1st time I went though the gears.

Do the level 10 engines use aftermarket rods? If so you might be "ok" for a while making power somewhere in the 500fwhp range.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
The sixty was. A 1.61 3.73 and a 26 inch tire killing my mph. Was hitting redline just before 1000ft. No cage i couldnt make anymore passes. Car went 108 in the eigth. Installed 3.27s over the winter and in the proccess of ordering. A larger tire now. Yes car was making 575.

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
I like posts like these...what should or should not be is what it comes down to! Prayer to the freak combo's...

Customers DSS 306 T-Trimed @ 580-595 ish at the tires for over 3 years doing well, tuning has taken some work in all area's....Good Luck! and I mean Luck =)

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
a good tune and good gas are the keys. let you tuner decide what feels safe, they have the knowledge to know where to stop. "at least a good one"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts