Ford Mustang Forums banner

Driver's fender liner + Washer fluid container

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  dpspeed 
#1 ·
I've just got my car aligned from installing MM fwd. offset A-arms. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have some rubbing issues on the driver's side once I put my A6s on (295/17).

I've moved my battery to the trunk and am thinking about moving the washer fluid bottle to where the battery tray is to give me more room for the suspension to work before it hits the liner. Has anyone done this? Are there any issues I'm not seeing before I jack the car up?

2.5 fingers clearance sitting still

2nd Pic

Wheel Shot

Thanks!

David

#3 ·
I'm thinking I can just move it, but am not really sure...my battery is in the trunk, so I think I can just somehow mount it where the battery used to be. Is it as simple as I think it will be or am I missing something?

(I want to keep the washer fluid)

#4 ·
The hoosier 295/17 is actually a short tire unlike the kumho 295/17 (aspect 35 vs 40). Hoosier has it listed as shorter than their 275. I have not had problems with tires rubbing there, but I am sure it is suspension setup dependent.

#5 ·
Yeah, It is really close, I'm going to mount the tire and use the jack to test suspension travel and turn the wheel from lock to lock...

It would be great if it didn't touch, but I'm thinking that there is more than 1" suspension travel (hoping there is more than 1" travel)

DP

#7 ·
You might want to see if you can find a washer fluid reservoir from a carbed stang(85 and older). My 85 had a tank that was where the newer fox batteries are. It was a combination washer fluid and coolent overflow. Just a thought.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.