Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody elses seat do this? Mine rocks back and forth when I hit the brakes and when I take off it will move back. Is there any way to fix this?
Thanks, Brent

·
Registered
176 Posts
Mine does the same thing. It's done it since I bought the car new. It irked me at first but I guess i've gotten used to it.:barf:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Have you double checked the bolts? my 2000 GT (manual adjust) has VERY solid bolts holding my seat in... I took it out to see if I could get some more leg room. I find it hard to imagine that there is gonna be alot of play in the bolts.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My bullitt does the same thing. What i do is move the seat up then move it back, cures the problem for a little. Guess its just something you have to live with:(

·
Registered
68 Posts
Black01Bullitt said:
Does anybody elses seat do this? Mine rocks back and forth when I hit the brakes and when I take off it will move back. Is there any way to fix this?
Thanks, Brent
I'm guessing you have electric seats, right? Every car I've ever owned with electric seats has done this, including my 2001 Cobra...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I guess this reply is a little late, but maybe the problem is that the bolts that hold the seat to the rails are loose (not the bolts that hold the seat rails to the floor of the car). Take the seat out of the car, flip it upside down and you will see 4 bolts holding the rails to the seat. See if they are loose.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
If your seast moves, it *COULD* be a safety hazard. In a crash, it *COULD* come loose, in which case you *COULD* be toast. I have to agree with jo8243 that the bolts under the seat are loose. You should fix this right away.

·
Corral Charter Member
2,594 Posts
Hmmm, I see a pattern here, because my Bullitt does the same thing. Very annoying. It's on my list of things for them to fix next time it goes in for service.

·
Registered
35 Posts
mine does it also..ive always thought the seats were crap anyway..need some aftermarkets:)
oh, and btw..i have a warranty and they say nothing i wrong all bolts are tight... oh well normal ford service :barf:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I tightned those four bolts last night and it seemed to fix the problem. Yes I have a warrenty but it is about an hour drive to where I get it worked on for any warrrenty work. The Ford dealership here are a-holes. The one that I go to my family has been customers there for many years and they are easy to deal with.

Snakecharmer, It took me about 15-20 min to do this. Unlesss you are going to take it in for a few things to be worked on then I would take the little bit of time a do yourself.

Thanks for the help,
Brent

·
Registered
627 Posts
My Cobra does it, my old 99 Explorer did it, and my 02 Explorer does this. All have electric seats and it moves maybe a half inch. It doesn't really bother me.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Rock-solid seating

My seat is rock-solid. Get yours fixed if it is moving. There should be no play at all.

I used to have a car where a bracket broke, causing the seat to rock back when I accelerated. Pretty inconvenient, but I blame it on the Turbo.

If you think your car has a problem, it probably does. If some ahole at a dealership says that is the way they are, go to a different dealer. You paid too much for the car to drive around in a piece simply because some yahoo says you deserve to.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I'm gonna look at mine tonite, 'cause I've had the same problem since day one!:mad:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts