Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.break.com/index/drifting.html

In my mind, "drifting" is a very UNPRONOUNCED balanced sliding of all four tires on the edge of traction. Anything after that your going slow and look like an a**hole at the track. I'll be the first to admit that hanging the ass end out on any rear drive car puts a smile on my face. I grew up on dirt roads where we all drove trucks. Sliding around a dirt field at full opposite lock will make you laugh like a 9yr old school girl, but watching this video makes me fuc*ing cringe.

I love going fast at the track, and I think sliding around a big ass parking lot would be a riot, but look at the bottom feeders that drive at these events. I wouldn't even want to be on the sidelines watching. Imagine if that thing would have straightened out and gone into the crowd.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Thats not drifting that is showboating.. about as much of a "sport" as a burnout competition..

japanese drifting the professional stuff done on the race track is pretty impressive.. but as people listed.. it is more of a ballet event showing extreme control in what looks like an out of control move.. impressive to watch.

·
Premium Member
3,211 Posts
MYLITTLEHO said:
Thats not drifting that is showboating.. about as much of a "sport" as a burnout competition..

japanese drifting the professional stuff done on the race track is pretty impressive.. but as people listed.. it is more of a ballet event showing extreme control in what looks like an out of control move.. impressive to watch.
I agree whole-heartedly. I've seen some videos of "real" drift competitions. Amazing stuff. Looks like they're skating on ice at times.

Andy

·
Registered
40 Posts
I wish stupid people would stop breeding...
Why cant we be like the animal kingdom where only the strong/smart survive. This person reminds me of how turkeys actually drown n die by looking up while its raining.

·
Registered
346 Posts
trailblazr81 said:
I wish stupid people would stop breeding...
Why cant we be like the animal kingdom where only the strong/smart survive. This person reminds me of how turkeys actually drown n die by looking up while its raining.
DITTO!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts