Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, so I bought the new M&T drag radial R's mounted on Weld's for my Cobra, 255 X 15. I have Eibach Prokit springs so it's pretty low. Anyways, I mounted them on my Cobra today and they will rub the fenders under compression. I already rolled the fenders a bit from my previous drag radials and I don't want to roll them again. In order for these new drag radials to fit I'd have to roll the fenders all the way to the edge. So I was thinking, instead, of getting adjustable control arms so I could raise it for when I go to the dragway and use these new DRs. My car would only see the strip once or twice a year.
I don't know much about control arms. Can I get a set and just raise them for the strip to fit the tires? Any negative effects of doing this? Any recommendations on what kind?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
J&M Weight Jacker LCA's will allow you to raise/lower the rear of the car.

ks

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Kevin, that's what I was looking at, control arms that raise and lower the spring. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't any negative effects from drag racing with the rear jacked up 2 " or so (raked) to clear the tires without changing the front ride height as well. I would just do this on days that I go to the strip.
I'll check out those J&Ms.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
What back space are your wheels? I just put 15x8 RTS wheels with 5.5" backspace and BFG T/A 255/60's on my '91 hatch and they are not even close to rubbing on the non rolled fenders and I have at least 1" on the inner clearance.

Almost sounds like you have 4.5" backspace wheels.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi I have a back space of 5.5" as well. I verified it by measuring and looked up the part number. I'm not sure whats up :( Just seems like these new Micky Thompsoms balloon out so much. Also, my car is very low. It has Sportlines, so there's not much of a gap to begin with. But I hear what you're saying, if your 5.5" backsapcing is not even close then even with my car being lowered it shouldn't matter much. (however one more thing, my Cobra has different axles than yours from the factory (I believe they're longer), so that may be why my 5.5" is not fitting the same as yours).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts