Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I was just wondering. Do you have a rough estimate of how many tenths you can shave off using slicks? I ran my car on MT drag slicks and went 13.52 on a hot day. I probably should have gone 13.3X on a cooler day. It was my first time on slicks too, so I don't think it was too bad. My 60' was a 1.87.

I'm asking because I wanna take some practice runs on my street tires. How much slower can I expect to go? And, what should my 60' be on street rubber?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hey Guys,

I was just wondering. Do you have a rough estimate of how many tenths you can shave off using slicks? I ran my car on MT drag slicks and went 13.52 on a hot day. I probably should have gone 13.3X on a cooler day. It was my first time on slicks too, so I don't think it was too bad. My 60' was a 1.87.

I'm asking because I wanna take some practice runs on my street tires. How much slower can I expect to go? And, what should my 60' be on street rubber?
Theres really no way of telling that. It could go a few tenths slower or a few seconds slower depending on how you drive it and how much power your making. For example, my aod car only loses a tenth but that same st tire on john forces top fueler and he'd probably lose a tremendous amount of time if he could even get it down the track on it.

I know its apples to oranges but it depends on the power your making and how well you know your car to make it hook up.

·
Registered
270 Posts
It is impossible to say from one car to another, but as one example my et's dropped almost a full second and the 60's dropped a little over two tenths going from street tires to drag radials.

I'm running a Windsor stroker though, so it was frying the crap out of the street tires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts