Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i'm looking for ajustable front struts that can do both with the least compromise, any sugestions :confused:

the car is a 94 gt full weight

same for rear suspension, does drag type rear suspension (team-z, baseline...) can be effective for road race if swaybar is disconected?

·
Registered
224 Posts
You're never going to get the best of both worlds. You'll have to aim in one direction over the other. A lot of guys like the Strange adjustables on all 4 corners. 10 settings to choose from.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I have strange 10 ways and they are nice but not really suited for road racing as they are mostly a drag type shock/strut

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
I just put in Strange 10 ways to replace my KYBs. I autocross the car as well as drag race it. The Stranges would definitely work for handling applications - you can actually go past 50/50. Plus, the stranges are stiffer than my KYBs were.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
PH,TA is what you want. MM has you covered

i have a full handling car and first time to track was low 1.6s(turbo 4 banger, no 2step) on radials on the way the suspension sits on the street(full CO w/ F300#R225# springs , PH, TA, all swap bars, bilstein shocks/struts, SN95 cobra brakes yada yada)

so yes you can have the best of handling that does a extremely good job @ hooking. expect 1.5s on my car soon on 16" radials! going to try to do it without even disconnecting the front sway bar

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
I just put in Strange 10 ways to replace my KYBs. I autocross the car as well as drag race it. The Stranges would definitely work for handling applications - you can actually go past 50/50. Plus, the stranges are stiffer than my KYBs were.

Have you autocrossed with the stranges? Im debating on Tokico Drag Struts vs D Spec vs Strange right now, and debating on Illumina's, Blues or Strange for the rear. Arrrg

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
Yup, as said already... MM HD TA/PHB setup

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Have you autocrossed with the stranges? Im debating on Tokico Drag Struts vs D Spec vs Strange right now, and debating on Illumina's, Blues or Strange for the rear. Arrrg
Not yet - just put them in about a month or so ago. Would love to, though. This thing is an odd sight among all those Elises...

Try the Stranges - worst case scenario, you're not out much and you'll sell them no problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts